Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Type XXI boat

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
79TransAm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Type XXI boat Reply with quote

Hey, I have finished one carear and I was not able to ge the XXI uboat, It wasnt even an option. What flotilla do you need to be a part of to be able to ge the XXI. How much renown does it take to get the XXI in the stock game? Also what year is it first available

Thanks

Jon
Ultraboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11th Flotilla and possibly 7th.

June or July of 1944, IIRC.
79TransAm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K thanks. any idea how much renown you need to get it. Need to know if i should upgrade my sub or just kinda keep it bare bones
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Type XXI boat Reply with quote

79TransAm wrote:
Hey, I have finished one carear and I was not able to ge the XXI uboat, It wasnt even an option. What flotilla do you need to be a part of to be able to ge the XXI. How much renown does it take to get the XXI in the stock game? Also what year is it first available

Thanks

Jon

It is available in St. Nazaire / Bergen around April - May 1944. In the stock game you need 30.000 renown. In Grey Wolves and RuB 15.000, but in Rub, you are forced to stay in base for 259 days before letting you to sail it. At the end you have the chance only for 1-2 missions.

The renown may be easily "adjusted", If you know what I mean. Neutral\
79TransAm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Type XXI boat Reply with quote

VonHelsching wrote:
79TransAm wrote:

Thanks

Jon

It is available in St. Nazaire / Bergen around April - May 1944. In the stock game you need 30.000 renown. In Grey Wolves and RuB 15.000, but in Rub, you are forced to stay in base for 259 days before letting you to sail it. At the end you have the chance only for 1-2 missions.

The renown may be easily "adjusted", If you know what I
mean. Neutral\

Umm nope im dumb and dont know how to adjust renown
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Type XXI boat Reply with quote

79TransAm wrote:
VonHelsching wrote:

The renown may be easily "adjusted", If you know what I
mean. Neutral\

Umm nope im dumb and dont know how to adjust renown

If you're smart enough to post, then you're smart enough to use the search function. Thumbs Up

"If you want to adjust the renown cost for the XXI, you can edit the file in data\Cfg\Basic.cfg using notepad or wordpad. Do three searches: one for "Renown0=30000", one for "Renown1=30000" and another for "Renown2=30000". These are the costs for the Type XXI. Change them all to whatever suits you and save the file."

Stock game=30000 renown
RuB=15000
Grey Wolves=20000
Beery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Type XXI boat Reply with quote

VonHelsching wrote:
...in Rub, you are forced to stay in base for 259 days before letting you to sail it. At the end you have the chance only for 1-2 missions.|\

Since it's come up, let me explain this.

The average historical training and testing/fixing time for the Type XXI, because it was a new boat type and very advanced, was around 9 months. In real life the first Type XXI sailed on its first war patrol only a few days before the war's end. RUb is a bit more lenient, giving players the possibility of taking a Type XXI out around the time the first historical boat sailed on its final test cruise. I feel that since RUb is a realism mod, letting players patrol in a Type XXI a whole year early - in April 1944 (as the standard game allows) would have been contrary to the realism that players should expect from the Real U-boat mod.
79TransAm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright thanks. I set it to 13,000
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Type XXI boat Reply with quote

Beery wrote:
VonHelsching wrote:
...in Rub, you are forced to stay in base for 259 days before letting you to sail it. At the end you have the chance only for 1-2 missions.|\

Since it's come up, let me explain this.

The average historical training and testing/fixing time for the Type XXI, because it was a new boat type and very advanced, was around 9 months. In real life the first Type XXI sailed on its first war patrol only a few days before the war's end. RUb is a bit more lenient, giving players the possibility of taking a Type XXI out around the time the first historical boat sailed on its final test cruise. I feel that since RUb is a realism mod, letting players patrol in a Type XXI a whole year early - in April 1944 (as the standard game allows) would have been contrary to the realism that players should expect from the Real U-boat mod.

Don't misunderstand me. I love realism too. In fact I use XXI for training purposes for an entire year. But I'm such a cruel Kaleun that I test my crew in real situations, like e.g. hunting HK groups and Task Forces. Joking

The last month I, where I have my real mission bonus, I never fire a torpedo in anger and just scuttle my boat. Joking

OK, apart from the fun, each mod / modpack has a philosophy which is and must be respected. This is why we have so many choices. Personally, I'm not interested much in realism, but I can understand that sometimes it is exciting!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: