Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Pacific Aces Random Campaign Generator

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH2 Pacific Aces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Pacific Aces Random Campaign Generator Reply with quote

This is from the Subsim Newsletter:

"The campaign is built in the style of the Aces campaigns, but with the addition of a brand new tool: The PACG. This tool will allow you to select a starting year, a home base and a submarine type, and by clicking a button will generate a random campaign for you, with random length and random patrol zones.....where Aces-style random missions with random weather will take place! You will not play two campaigns identical to each other."

Great news.

Ya gotta wonder why the professional guys couldn't do something like this for SH2.

BTW, would there be a way for this campaign generator to be modified for use with SH2?

Looking better all the time.

Cheers!
Floater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Pacific Aces Random Campaign Generator Reply with quote

Fletcher wrote:
BTW, would there be a way for this campaign generator to be modified for use with SH2?

In a word, yes. That idea's been incorporated into the design from the start - we've just not had chance to try it out yet.

There'll be more detail on PACG here in the next few days.
Fletcher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Pacific Aces Random Campaign Generator Reply with quote

Floater wrote:
Fletcher wrote:

In a word, yes. That idea's been incorporated into the design from the start - we've just not had chance to try it out yet.

There'll be more detail on PACG here in the next few days.

This, in and of itself, will make PacAces worth twice its weight in gold - hehe.

Outstanding news for SH2 and this great Add-on,

Cheers!
Sniper_1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: EXCELLENT!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Oh that's great news....finally a random campaign generator for SH2....
FAdmiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Pacific Aces Random Campaign Generator Reply with quote

Fletcher wrote:

Ya gotta wonder why the professional guys couldn't do something like this for SH2.

Cheers!

Because they didn't have Floater working for them...Yep...:wink:

JIM
Egan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note, will we be able to use Floaters wonderfull Kreigstanz Developer for Pacific Aces? I do hope so!
Floater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kriegstanz/KD may need some development to work with Pacific Aces, but probably not too much - rest assured it will be done as quickly as possible. I can't be more specific than that, because I've not been able to test it yet.

When the full version is released, I'll start work on this.
Fletcher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floater wrote:
Kriegstanz/KD may need some development to work with Pacific Aces, but probably not too much - rest assured it will be done as quickly as possible. I can't be more specific than that, because I've not been able to test it yet.

When the full version is released, I'll start work on this.

I can foresee that we will have more campaigns than we know what to do with Very Happy

BTW, I guess this Random Campaign Generator could also be adapted to Destroyer Command.

Well, happy days. . .

You guys have done an outstanding job. . .

Cheers!
sergbuto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The generation of the compaign is based on templates here. Unfortunately, Destroyer Command does not use templates.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH2 Pacific Aces All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: