Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Sound Card Problem.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Sound Card Problem. Reply with quote

Ok I have a Sound Blaster Live PCI 512 and I’m getting garbled sounds occasionally. It only happens with certain things, in Dangerous Waters when firing several torpedo tubes the sound garbles or the ATC communications in FS9. Now I just swaped my sound card for another Sound Blaster Live and the problem is still there, I installed the most recent drivers.

Any idea what is wrong?
micky1up

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on occasion i got a loud wind type noise when playing sh3 and rome tw the cure was a driver download it sorted it quickly np now try it
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did install the newst drivers.
Jesper

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

Click START and select run.
in the editbox type "dxdiag" and hit enter/press ok.

in the directx diagnostic window click on the sound tab
move the acceleration slider down to basic.
then click exit.
Try your game(s)

if the problem wasnt solved go back to dxdiag and move the slider to none and try your game(s) again.

report back with your results Smile
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

Chuck your SB Live, as they are known to cause sound problems with numerous modern day hardware systems.
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesper wrote:
Try this:

Click START and select run.
in the editbox type "dxdiag" and hit enter/press ok.

in the directx diagnostic window click on the sound tab
move the acceleration slider down to basic.
then click exit.
Try your game(s)

if the problem wasnt solved go back to dxdiag and move the slider to none and try your game(s) again.

report back with your results Smile
No change. Tried it at none to the max settings.

The Avon Lady wrote:
Try this:

Chuck your SB Live, as they are known to cause sound problems with numerous modern day hardware systems.
I would hardly call my system "modern"... Rotfl My system is just a PIII 700 MHZ. Sad
GreyOctober

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Go here and download the NGO SBLive! Modded drivers. They are based on the based on the Creative Audigy 2/ZS Beta Driver v5.12.2.1042.

2. Uninstall completelly your SB live drivers, the run a drive cleaner.

3. Install the driver. It fixed some of my problems. Worth a try. Theyre better than the official anyways.

Cheers!
tycho102

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creative Labs sucks, but take a look at this and see if it helps. Creative Labs screwed up royally with their PCI settings.

The problem is "bus mastering". There is a registry setting with the Live! series that helps. I have long since gotten rid of all my SB cards (I use Turtle Beach cards), but I remember the "turbo=0" setting that goes into the registry to disable bus mastering with SB Live! cards.
jumpy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a creative digital 5.1 surroundsound card, it's ok but creative driver support is guff. I think I'm using the original drivers that came with the card, because (for some reason) apparently Creative only support drivers for non OEM cards- go figure... :doh: I've tried 'new' drivers in the past with no real difference seen.
I get the odd 'crackle' or strange sound with some games (SHIII) but mostly things work ok. Can't be bothered to find a better one for now as I really don't need anything much better to play games and listen to my mp3's/cd's.
DeepSix

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumpy wrote:
I got a creative digital 5.1 surroundsound card, it's ok but creative driver support is guff. I think I'm using the original drivers that came with the card, because (for some reason) apparently Creative only support drivers for non OEM cards- go figure... :doh: I've tried 'new' drivers in the past with no real difference seen.
I get the odd 'crackle' or strange sound with some games (SHIII) but mostly things work ok. Can't be bothered to find a better one for now as I really don't need anything much better to play games and listen to my mp3's/cd's.

Wow am I glad this thread appeared; I'm using my original driver with my SB Live as well and have the same occasional issues. Always wondered why updating drivers seemed to solve nothing.... My card is about six years old anyway and I've been thinking it's time to upgrade; this thread comes along at a good time. Thanks. Thumbs Up
Oberon

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crud...I think I've got an SB card...and I've noticed some static on sounds especially in MS Trainsim...at least I now know why Thumbs Up
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: