Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Idiot flak gunners don't shoot?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toryu

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Idiot flak gunners don't shoot? Reply with quote

U806, Type IXC, 1600kms West of Lorient. April 1942.

I just got divebombed by a Sunderland, and my stupid flak gunners never fired a shot!!!

I spent all this renown before leaving port to give myself two twin 20mm flak guns and a flicking huge 37mm cannon. I was running on the surface one evening, trying to charge my batteries, and I had the flak guns manned, in expectation. Sure enough, flugzeug gesichte, and a Sunderland dove down on me. I ran up to the bridge to watch the fireworks, only to be greeted by a thundering burst of apathy on the part of my useless gunners. They were told fire at will, target all, and once I desperately climbed into the 37mm, I was the only one doing any firing. Pow..................pow......................pow.

What the hell was the problem?
Ducimus

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the first thing you should realize is theres a small little bug. Avoidable (i think Rolling Eyes) but definatly fixable.

Seems to happen when you manually man the guns yourself. What will happen after that is the AI gunner just sits there like a dummy. Quickly manning the gun, pointing it in the direction of the oncoming aircraft, and firing.... usually does the trick. After "showing the crewman how", the AI seems to get a clue.

Other then that, make sure you have the correct settings on the flak guns via the watch officer. Personnaly i tend to have them, set to "engage closing targets" and "engage any aircraft". That way they fire at whatevers doing an attack run, and not wasting ammo on things they can't hit, or things that are not an immediate threat.
Heibges

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Mods are you using?

RuB 1.45 lowers the range at which the AI Flak gunners will open fire.

But there is also a waiting period before the gunners open up.

[AI AA guns]
Max error angle=8 ;[deg]
Max fire range=1000 ;[m]
Max fire wait=7

If the wait ends up being the full 7 seconds, then the plane will fire through your zone of fire before they have a chance to open up.
HM.Medico

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if this is an issue but... Did you have Ammo?
Slick Rick

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say the same thing.....I have had the same situation...only to find out that I was out of ammo.......DOH!!!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: