Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Ram problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linton

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Ram problems Reply with quote

I think I have a RAM problem with my notebook.Does anybody have any advice on diagnosing or curing this problem?It ia an AMD AthlonXp-M2000+.Lots of blue screens,programme crashing and much shouting after playing Sc for a few hours!
scandium

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram problems Reply with quote

Linton wrote:
I think I have a RAM problem with my notebook.Does anybody have any advice on diagnosing or curing this problem?It ia an AMD AthlonXp-M2000+.Lots of blue screens,programme crashing and much shouting after playing Sc for a few hours!

That isn't necessarily a RAM problem. If the CPU is inadequately cooled, for instance, it could be overheating and generating those problems. A failing hard drive can also create those symptoms as well. At any rate the best program I know of for testing RAM is Memtest86+ which is freeware that you can download and burn to cd. It needs to be burnt because it doesn't run in Windows (the image file you download and burn creates a bootable cd though that pretty much runs itself). If the RAM checks out its one of the other possible culprits.

To rule out the hard drive you can use Windows "Error checking" to check for errors and make sure to enable the surface scan option.

As to the CPU you need a program that can check the CPU temps and you need to monitor the temps both while the system is under idle and under load to see if there's a relationship between the temps and the instability.
sonar732

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that will help is to google your BSOD stop code. Thumbs Up
Linton

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to the manufacturer and they are going to repair it,Thankyou all for your help. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: