Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Unified Campaign Vanilla Crashing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AG124

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Unified Campaign Vanilla Crashing Reply with quote

I am trying to install the vanilla version of the Unified NYGM/Grey Wolves campaing, but no matter what I do, I get a CTD when trying to start a campaign.

I copied the entire data folder into my SHIII directory and thus replaced any stock files of the same names. I also installed a few extra ships that were not included, such as the Iowa. I can access the Museum without any problems, but the game crashes whenever I try to start a campaign. Does anyone know what I have done wrong?
Cdre Gibs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had very much the same sort of problem. It turned out I was missing the "vsmallbase" airbase in the land folder. I cant say that thats your problem, but its at least a place to start looking Smile
AG124

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, my LAB_VSmallAirBaseGB folder and all five files are in the land folder as they should be. Confused Since I copied the entire data folder into a clean SHIII directory, any file or folder included with the mod has been included in its place.

EDIT: Before crashing, about 70-80% of the campaign loads.
Ducimus

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else have this problem?

Im thinking about using this campaign, but if its crashing alot of ppl i dont think i will.

IM still using an old version of improved convoys :8Cool
AG124

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, it's probably something that is my fault. Laughing I doubt there is anything wrong with the mod, as many other people have used it with success. Yep
Ducimus

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AG124 wrote:
Don't worry, it's probably something that is my fault. Laughing I doubt there is anything wrong with the mod, as many other people have used it with success. Yep

Well, whatever your doing wrong, im probably doing the same thing. Crash's on me too.

The only thing i changed, was i took the semicolon (IE remark's) out of the locations.cfg file. Thus enableing many disabled ports. Did you do this as well?

If not, well i did get a test career to start in the 12th out of bourdeox (spelling), but i can't get one started out of lorient.

Right now, i dont think im going to take the time to deal with this. Back to HT 1.47 and IC i go. I may as well readup on what jason's done with it.

In a way, its jsut as well, i did get the game to load with the unified campaign, and well, not meaning to be degragtory, but this is WAY OVERKILL. Inland city's was really NOT needed. They dot all of Europe. I think its doing something funky with the game. Too many things its trying to render at once, and it skews the map at a certain magnification. I tried to open it up with the editor to remove the clutter, and it would crash every time. I cannot open the LND layer, nor the SCR layer in the editor. the RND layer works fine, but the other two, forget it. I wonder how the hell rubini managed to work with it. Mayber theres some trick to getting those files to open, i dunno Rolling Eyes
AG124

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't change anything - I just installed it as it was. Confused I also couldn't get any career started out of any port (I'm not sure which ones I tried, but all careers careers started in 1939 and 1940).
Cdre Gibs

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the Vanilla Unified NYGM/Grey Wolves Campaign files, however I have modified them a lot. I found that too many mines causes a problem (rendering 3D models an such) and believe me, there is a hell of a lot of mines in there. So I deleted about 90% of them and beefed up those that were left in the places that really needed them. I also did away with the NLOL (old liner) as it was to all intents the same as Sergs Heavy Transport. I then deleted all the PC Trawlers from AXIS navies and replaced it with the Vorposternboot. I also deleted all the B24 Bombers that fly over all the sub bases at the beginning of a patrol an bomb the crap out of you (seemed to creat a hell of a lot of CPU latency). I then extended the range of AXIS Aircraft patrol routes to incuded sorties over Allied postions. I then added the Autralian bases and ships to the Indian and Pacific oceans with convoy's to the middel east and even to the UK. I also have AU shipping going threw the Asian minor regions. AND it works, now as to which part FIXED what part may have been broken - then your guess is as good as mine! Wink
AG124

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be the problem with my installation. Could you send me your version without most of the mines if it is not too much trouble?
Ducimus

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think im gonna try an clean SH3 installation. After tinkering around with other campaign mods, ive come to the conclusion that id have to throw out months of my own mods. and well.. i just dont want to do that.

EDIT: yah a modfied workign file would be great. I cant even open the unfied campaign files in the editor without it crashing. Theres just too much being rendered at once.
Ducimus

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading over the orginating thread:
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51887

As gibs found out there, the LND layer crash's because of the lack of vsmallairbase files. If that fixes the ME crashing for me, i'm golden Very Happy

Remove all that "city" clutter, and take out some minefields and i think the vanilla version will run like a champ.
Cdre Gibs

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AG124 wrote:
That could be the problem with my installation. Could you send me your version without most of the mines if it is not too much trouble?

Umm I could, but i'd also have to send you the files for all the Australian bits (land, sea, air), plus the changed roster folder (due to ships being changed around). Now I dont have a problem with this but if the campaign files ever get updated by either Rubini or GW - then the whole lot would need to be done again. And I'm about to merge all of my campaign files with "U-BoatWarAce V1.6" mod and expand it even more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: