Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

torpedo depth

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: torpedo depth Reply with quote

How many torp are you use to sink a big target(c2 c3 tankers)???
I used 3 ,just to be sure, but now if i set the depth of the torp to 7.5m then only 2 are enough. Thumbs Up
GreyOctober

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much depends on what mod are you using. Assumming youre running stock damage model, one well aimed torp is often enough to set the ship ablaze. IF using NYGM tonnage war, things get much more complicated. Id say 2 torps, a magnetic triggered one in the bow to slow the ship down and one somewhere in the sten. Sinking is asured but it takes a whole lot of time to notice its taking on water.
Keelbuster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: torpedo depth Reply with quote

miker wrote:
I used 3 ,just to be sure, but now if i set the depth of the torp to 7.5m then only 2 are enough. Thumbs Up

Even with NYGM TW I start with an engine room shot, preferrably a T2 so they can't evade. Try for the critical hit that destroys the ship (about 5m depth, aimed just in front of the smokestack). If it doesn't result in a critical, I follow up with a medium speed T1 keel shot (evasion less a problem because it uses a mag det) - 8.5m depth for C2s and 12.5m depth for C3s.

Follow up with impacts as necessary to inflict fatal damage.

Kb
robj250

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: torpedo depth Reply with quote

miker wrote:

Hi Miker. Last night I sunk a C2 and a C3 with one torpedo each. I set my depth at 1 metre and at 500 m let it go fast. Then I waited, they sank. Robert
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: