Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

The List of Musulman Demands to Swedish Political Parties...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skybird

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't planned to spend money on it anyway. While probably sharing some of the general direction of the book's views, I already got the impression that it is too biased in favour of Israel, condemning everything that is not supporting Israel's interests. But that I am determined to fight against Islam does not mean that I have a great sympathy for Israel. Not always is the enemy of my enemy my friend. We all probably would be a little bit better off if Israelwould not have been founded as a state in the way it happened bck then. The existance of this nation did not help to solve already existing problems, but instead even spilled some oil into already high burning fires. Only that two generations already have been born and raised in Israel until today, and are not responsible for the mess they had been born into, prevent me from demanding to end the existence of Israel. Deleting it as a national body today would only generate new injustice. But I also see that it is doomed to live without peace, forever, and will face conflict and war, until it's end. To judge if it is worth it I leave to those that are directly concerned. I do not plan to live there, whether I think it is a high price or not is not really important for anyone.
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catfish wrote:
On "Eurabia":
Reviewer: Eric Kvaalen (Paris, France)

"Bat-Ye'or" wants to convince us that Islam has a stranglehold on Europe, that European politicians have been turned into submissive "dhimmis", and that all their policies on the Israeli-Arab dispute are dictated by the Arabs. She wants us to believe that Europe is motivated only by fear of losing their source of oil, fear of terrorism, and a desire to form a European-Arab axis to stand up to America.

Bat-Ye'or conveniently ignores whatever goes against her thesis, or else gives a very contrived interpretation of things. She is totally one-sided in her approach to the Arab-Israeli problem, never admitting that Israel is at all to blame. She believes that the Jews were simply exerting their rights when they took over most of the Holy Land (after campaigning hard to have the UN divide it into two states--a fact Bat-Ye'or ignores).

Wow! It was the British who initially forumulated the partion. Jews were already living here and tons of Arabs came after the Jews began making swaplands and deserts bloom.

What exactly did the Jews do in the summer of 1929 and numerous times afterward that made the Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Husseini call upon all Muslims to slaughter the Jews?
Quote:
I am somewhat sympathetic to some of Bat-Ye'or's opinions, but I disagree with those who praise her analysis and her writing.

In general I find the book quite poorly written. A discerning eye will notice that she is presenting biased points of view as though she is presenting facts. This really diminishes her credibility, so that I don't trust her when she's talking about things I don't know much about.

Not even one example. Aha. I see.
Quote:
There are also quite a few sentences that are not well written. Sometimes she says really ridiculous things and gets herself tied up into knots. She gives me the impression of a not-very-good high school student who is trying to write a paper in support of a certain position, and who tries to think of every possible thing that could be interpreted as supporting her position!

Tell me, is this your idea of an intelligent book review? Casting snide remarks? No example of the materials being referenced to?
Quote:
So generally, I do not find her very convincing when she says that Europe has simply buckled and surrendered to the Islamic jihad. There is certainly some truth to the idea that Europe has been influenced by the desire to please the Arabs, but that is much too simple an explanation of history.

And the reviewer's explanation? None given.

Aha, I see - again.
Quote:
Bat-Ye'or is obviously not the right person to analyze the question of to what extent Europe is bowing to pressure and to what extent it is acting on good will and conviction. She paints everything the Europeans do as cowardice.

Cowardice, poorly cloaked as appeasment. Not hard to see at all.
Quote:
I think this book is written for those who already think like her, and anybody else would find it practically useless. The amount I found interesting could have been written in a few pages."

Next time, maybe she'll include pictures and illustrations for this reviewer and others with a short attention span.
Quote:
Maybe you should not always read the books that tell you what you already think

This is a book that claims certain historical facts. If you wish to disprove any of them go right ahead.

So far, you're running on empty.
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a more serious book review, rather than pulling one of the lone-star reviews by some unknown supposed buyer on Amazon (where the book is rated by much everyone else much higher), read The Civilization of Dhimmitude, by Bruce Thornton. Professor Thornton's bio can be found on this page.
Ishmael

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh. Islam. As my Cherokee Indian wife would say,"Just another one of the White Man's religions". As long as everyone is throwing out books on faith, I'll recommend a couple. They are "Black Elk Speaks", by Fredrick Niehardt or "The Lakota Way:Stories and Lessons For Living", by Joseph M. Marshall. Perhaps I'm biased towards native ways, but I just spent last weekend attending The Gathering of Nations Pow-wow. I work near native communities that are as old or older than any civilization in the middle east. As John Trudell said,"There's a way to live with Earth and a way not to live with Earth. We choose to live with Earth." But then, he also said,"When wars are sold, profits are in casualties."
Skybird

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ishmael wrote:
Ahh. Islam. As my Cherokee Indian wife would say,"Just another one of the White Man's religions".

Islam - the white man's religion? Laughing Muhammad was an Arabian desert bandit, not a white man. Nevertheless, I think I understand what your wife means. I tend to agree with her, from a certain perspective.
Ishmael

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skybird wrote:
Ishmael wrote:
Ahh. Islam. As my Cherokee Indian wife would say,"Just another one of the White Man's religions".

Islam - the white man's religion? Laughing Muhammad was an Arabian desert bandit, not a white man.

True. Also Jesus was an Aramaic Jew from Palestine and Abraham was an Israelite from Ur of the Chaldees in modern day Iraq. So none of them were "white". At the Pow-wow, I picked up a t-shirt with a picture of 3 Apache Warriors on horseback. The caption said,"Original Dept. of Homeland Security. Protecting America Since 1492."
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the link and click on the video to watch:

Muammar Gaddafi Live.

Do you think Gaddafi is nuts?

Well, yes he is, but what he's saying from an Islamic theological viewpoint in this speech is par for the course in Islam. Other than his faulty analogy between cartoons of Muhamed with vieled women versus Jesus with naked women, everything else he states about Islam and its intents is spot on.

Time is running out, world. Yes, you too, Abraham in safe and secure Holland.
The Avon Lady

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ishmael wrote:
At the Pow-wow, I picked up a t-shirt with a picture of 3 Apache Warriors on horseback. The caption said,"Original Dept. of Homeland Security. Protecting America Since 1492."

The DHS back then did as lousy a job as the one today is doing. Joking
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: