Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Who else has stealth bombers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have other countries produced there own stealth bombers?
Yes
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 20 ]
Kindof sorta
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
I can't decide
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
I like pretty colors
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 36

Egan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a cupboard full of them, the buggers. They shimmey in all invisible like and start roosting. Keep stealth bombing my socks and everything. Mothballs don't work because they can't see them, which is no good to me.

It's almost as bad as when the bathroom was full of U-boats. Kept me awake for nights on end with their squaking 'Tiperraray'. Got the plumber out. He just looked down the plughole and said 'There's your problem mate, it's full of U-boats.' Oh thank you very much....I paid 50 quid for that adivce. Said the only way to get rid of them was a couple of depth charges but the neighbours would probably not be happy. Eventually a stray Johnny Walker got in there and ate them all so it worked out alright in the end although we had to take the sink apart to get rid of all the periscopes which your common or garden Johnny Walker can't digest ( so he just spits them out. )

Anyways. I've got heaps of Stealth bombers which you can have if you want and they are all free. You'll have to catch them though.
Oberon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, you Klingon Verruls, who do you think you got those cloaking devices from? Let me show you the true emperors of stealth!

And as for other countries having stealth? Well, the idea is sound and workable, the materials are the problem...I dare say Russia has perhaps a prototype that might be operational sometime in the next century, maybe China's working on something too.
Deathblow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godalmighty83 wrote:
theres no such thing as true stealth, only 'harder to see'.

I call flying over one of the most radar sensor dense cities in the middle east "true stealth" Smile

True stealth is when you are not detected by an opponent whose sensors are trying to detect you. Bottom line. Its a result, not a characteristic. The techniques to achieve"true stealth" will vary versus the system that is trying to detect it.

Everyone has got to try to be a smarty pants. Rolling Eyes Of course there's no such thing as a 100%-purely-undectable-by-any-sensor-at-any-range-in-any-condition-stealth. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Deathblow on Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Godalmighty83

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this didnt help any

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/monitoring/306611.stm

i would take manouvrable fast jets dedicated in design to there function other planes with compromised design fighting a losing war with detection methods.

just my view.
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British Aerospace did build its own stealth fighter, actually more like the F-22 if you saw pictures of it but a bit smaller and I'd say better looking.

It wasn't a fully functional fighter but used for testing Low Observable design and construction. Pictures were in Flight International last year.

Apparently the MoD financed some of it so BAe definately has stealth experience and technology.

I think the whole point of making it was to ensure that if necessary we could build a low observable combat aircraft independent of the US. The new UK UCAV is very stealth oriented.

What I see in the US seems to be the idea that stealth is a panacea. The F-22 may well be the pinacle of fighter design and the stealth characteristics are great in theory in that when all is tucked up inside you can see first and shoot first and get detected later, but for the F-22 to also fulfill a meaningful attack role it will have to carry payload under the wings. They may have developed lower RCS pylons and bomb holders but still a compromise.

I guess we will see.
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oberon wrote:
Anyway, you Klingon Verruls, who do you think you got those cloaking devices from? Let me show you the true emperors of stealth!

Bahh, you treacherous green blooded Vulcan cast offs probably stole them from the Breen. Don't forget where you got your battlecruisers!

Not that eather help you at Klach D'Kel Brakt! Rock
Skybird

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be a stealth bomber yourself. Hit the other so fast that he does not see it coming! Very Happy
Ishmael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torplexed wrote:
STEED wrote:
Show me a 100% stealth plane and I will buy you a drink. Smug

How about Wonder Women's Invisible Jet? I saw it on teevee so it must be real. Where's my drink? A Mountain Dew will do. Yep

There goes Wonder Woman. Sitting on her ass in the sky.
Oberon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLAM Strike wrote:

They didn't do much to help you at Khitomer either Smug Wink
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oberon wrote:
TLAM Strike wrote:

They didn't do much to help you at Khitomer either Smug Wink
Yea take pride in your cowardly massacre of civilians. :nope:

Sheesh your worse than the Cardassians. Rolling Eyes

One of these days those quantum singularities that power your ships will suck you all in… Razz
Oberon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLAM Strike wrote:

One of these days those quantum singularities that power your ships will suck you all in… Razz

Not before our Thalaron weapons turn you all into statues Thumbs Up
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oberon wrote:
TLAM Strike wrote:

If its built by the same scientists as your Phased Cloaking device I don’t think we have anything to worry about. Rolling Eyes

You science division doesn’t even know how to forward mail from a certain starship stranded in the Delta Quadrant. Laughing
Oberon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLAM Strike wrote:
Oberon wrote:
TLAM Strike wrote:

If its built by the same scientists as your Phased Cloaking device I don’t think we have anything to worry about. Rolling Eyes

You science division doesn’t even know how to forward mail from a certain starship stranded in the Delta Quadrant. Laughing

Hey, phase cloaking isn't easy! Even the finest minds in the scientific Federation couldn't make it work that well, serves them right for breaking the Treaty of Algeron anyway! Very Happy

Yes, I'll concede that not forwarding that mail was a bad tactical move, perhaps then the Federation would have gotten their ship back earlier and it wouldn't have interfered with us stealing their Prometheus. Thumbs Up
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oberon wrote:
Hey, phase cloaking isn't easy! Even the finest minds in the scientific Federation couldn't make it work that well, serves them right for breaking the Treaty of Algeron anyway! Very Happy
I’ll let you in on a secret, the most shameful curse in the Empire is: “Starfleet EngineerVery Happy
mapuc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torplexed wrote:
STEED wrote:
Show me a 100% stealth plane and I will buy you a drink. Smug

How about Wonder Women's Invisible Jet? I saw it on teevee so it must be real. Where's my drink? A Mountain Dew will do. Yep

The sun was shinning and superman was just flying around, when he spottet Wonderwoman laying all naked on the grass with her legs apart.

Superman toke a decision and faster than the speed of light, he flew down, screwed wonder woman and toke off

-What was that? The Wonder woman said

-I don't know, but my ass hurts like hell, the invisible man responded.

Markus
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: