Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Nothing Gringo Day ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Nothing Gringo Day ? Reply with quote

Nothing Gringo Day http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/04/14/mexico.boycott.ap/index.html

What is up with dat?....people have lost there minds I think...I still am trying to wrap my mind around a concept....the word..."Immigrant"...I thought this word means some one who came from another country, to a new country, and legally makes it his new home.I hear people calling possibly 15 MILLION Mexicans who are here in America with out proper authorization "Immigrants". I always thought it was called Illegal Immigrant.... Am I wrong?

American news is reporting this like it is some kind strange thing that half of some construction guys workforce did'nt show up for work today, like it is some mystery?

Just amazes me...sorry I love all the world and respect all cultures and there laws etc...and expect to adhere to them if I were to be in there country but this is just so silly I needed to vent it...maybe Neal can understand where I m coming from here more than others being from another border state....

I don't know...I go to work every morning and pass no less than at least 200 Mexican men standing on corners and I "Know" if they had proper documentation they would be working at Burger King or somewhere instead of standing on the corner.This has been for years now.Point I am really trying to make is enough is enough...kinda pisses me off when for so long I probably have been part of the problem not speaking up about it more but now ..."Nothing Gringo Day"....like I, or WE,.. Americans are doing some great injustice here when I...Thought , it was the people on the corners who were doing the injustice....dat kinda irks me now.

Nothing Gringo Day....Now I have truly seen it all lol.

I bet if the Southern American Border fences were High Voltage and guards had standing orders to shoot on site I would lay odds that "Illegal Entry" would slooooww down some...Hum...seems like a cheap way to slow things down...use of Fear can be useful possibly...I don't know....crap I would'nt go near something like that. Smile

This gringo is going nite nite...adios amigos.
TteFAboB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the only problem with immigration.

You let in people who want or will destroy you. Terrorists, Rapists, Movie-Director murderers, etc..

It is untolerable to accept illegal immigration of any kind, because it's illegal. When you tolerate people crossing borders and living illegally, can you ask them not to rob a car? Not to steal some pennies from the cash register? It's a start with the wrong foot, and while some will overcome that and walk in the right direction, others won't, others will accommodate.

We must demand from immigrants the highest standards of morality and probity in whatever they do or plan to do. Because there are always enough crooks within a country to deal with, and there are always perfectly fine foreign citizens to be selected. Meritocracy, you must choose the right candidates.

It's either LEGAL immigration, or NO immigration at all. The illegal door must be closed, sealed shut, and illegals must be haunted and hunted, and the legal door opened if that's the case. Because immigrants are dying at the border, people are being fooled and lied into joining the immigration journey, they sell everything they have to pay for the trip, and end up in a far different situation than the promised one, at least when they succeed in reaching their destination alive.

These people can't evacuate their birth countries, they are needed there, these 3rd world nations must be built, not ditched, when a fool decides to immigrate to the US, what is he leaving behind? If he isn't in the agricultural sector, he isn't feeding his family, friends and whoever else. If he isn't working at a hospital, he's letting patients die.

The emmigrant nation also suffers, and this part is usually ignored. Speaking of legal immigration, perhaps the most drammatic effect are the young European scientists who are invited to study for some time in American universities, and end up immigrating to America because they find cheaper real-estate and far more investment in R&D to work with. As with most of legal immigration, this has a very positive effect for the US, extremely positive in this case, but a terrible one for Europe.

As an immigrant and as a traveller who visited alot of the known world, I refuse to allow illegal immigrants to undermine the freedom of immigration, people should be free to immigrate wherever they want, whenever they want given they fulfill the necessary prerequisites, and to be able to live in such a world, we need immigrants to respect the law! That's the most basic of the requisites.

When that Brazilian immigrant got shot in London, I waited 7 days in respect for the family, and then started demonstrating my happiness. Not only did the bastard used a student visa to get in (quite a dedicated student he was, wasn't he?), but he immigrated to work as an electrician! What kind of trash of a country can't provide a job for an electrician, so that he has to bail to some distant land, and get shot because he lives next to Palestinian terrorists?!

Do you know where he came from? There's a city in Brazil, the unofficial emmigrating center of South America, where immigrants gather together, make or revise their plans, get their contacts, and depart. It's the illegal immigrating hub of doom.

That Brazilian immigrant didn't went to London because he felt an irresistible attraction to British culture, he didn't went there as a civil war refugee, he wasn't a political or criminal fugitive. The reason he ilegally immigrated to the UK (his visa expired afterall, he wasn't there to study and he never planned to leave), was to make some EASY MONEY, or so he thought. He went to England to RIP OFF the nation, steal the job of a fellow Englishmen, evade taxes and send money back home to his family, which is the incentive for similar actions.

If he was from a country torn by Civil War, where a brutal dictatorship keeps the people oppressed by force and poverty, I would understand the desperation to immigrate and the need to send money back.

But that's not the case, he could've gotten a job as an electrician if he wanted to, he could've studied if he wanted to. He chose what seemed to be the "easy way", the quick scheme to earn some pounds. The only pounds he gained was the added weight from the worms and vermin that now eat his decomposing body. An immigrant shouldn't be denied freedom to send money anywhere, the point is, he didn't earned enough money to live better in the UK than he could in his home country, nor did the money he managed to return was enough to pay for his funeral. Common sense, if he was well established in the UK, or moving in that direction, the money he would send back to his family would be a justified aid indeed, but his priority was exactly that money transfer, not living better, he was there to rip off the UK for a while, and then, maybe one day, go back to spend the pounds accumulated in his family's pocket.

You can't possibly accept this kind of people. And that's why his death was important. Now immigrants to the UK think twice before embarking, there's one more drop of fear into the trip, maybe it's better to give up, YES! Give up! Stay! The UK is one of the top importers of Brazilian products, that's some easy money to be made: http://www.brazilianchamber.org.uk/.

I still see the 20th century Japanese immigration to Latin America as one of the most successful immigration stories of modern times. They emmigrate and are welcome in this new continent, they are all legal immigrants, they settle and work hard, they build, create, innovate. They love the new land and feel gratitude for it, they do feel they need to retribute to the country, and so they don't live to send money back to Japan, but they live to make whatever they do better everyday, and contribute to the building of these 3rd world nations. When the only ambition of an immigrant is to make the easiest money he can and send as much as he can away, he's doomed to be shot, somebody, shoot him, please. He's doing no good, for ANYBODY, not even for himself.

I, myself, have far too many immigrants in my family, and have immigrated myself, twice, because I do love to travel, I have only success stories in my family, always respecting the law, always with the spirit of contributing to the new land, always settling and actually improving the living conditions. I do not accept any excuse for illegal immigration, or lame justifications, because it can be done properly, correctly, lawfully.

All you need is a brain. I have a friend who is a bon-vivant, he lives in Brazil but works in the USA, he's a "temporary" immigrant. He works from 3 to 6 months a year, in a very tough and demanding physical job, but the pay is extraordinary. If you got what it takes, you don't have to work at Burger King. He could live in America with his salary, but prefers to stick to Brazil for the cheaper land. He doesn't suck on the American health care, he doesn't ask for education to his kids and the pay is good because indeed, not many people have the stamina to do this. The demand is there for more men like him, if immigrants were to discover this activity, it would be like the Gold Rush of immigrants, and unfortunately for my friend, he'd have to start working 11 months a year, and reduce the luxury of his lifestyle. The fact so few people know about this is another proof of how ill-motivated most immigrants are, they don't even bother looking, researching, for opportunities, they blindly embark on the illegal trip only to open their eyes to realize they're now living worse than before.

So, the legal immigration process needs to be optimized, the situation in America is not that bad, there's no test like in Holland, and it's easier and quicker for a Brazilian immigrant to get an American visa than the other way around, in fact, Brazil is one of the most difficult nations to legally immigrate to, the process is long, expensive and slow, which is a loss to Brazil, of course, as many European and American talents simply have to give up. The US needs to be fast so that they can let in all those welcomed Mexicans who have something to offer, and efficient to kick out those who still can't speak English even after living a decade in the country.

The illegal immigration process grants too much power for criminal organizations, there's too much money going around. And they musn't be allowed to manipulate naive and/or ignorant people into false illusions any longer.

The nothing gringo day makes as much sense as the international Jump day. It just proves how powerfull the criminal activity has become, it's the modern equivalent of slavery.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: