Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Koninginnedag!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abraham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Koninginnedag! Reply with quote

Koninginnedag = The Queens Birthday.

Queen Beatrix her real birthday is on Jan. 31, but since the abdication of her mother, Queen Juliana, we celebrate the official birthday of our Queen on her mothers birthday, April 30th.

Well, not really.
This year we celebrate it today, Saturday April 29th, out of respect for the Christian religion.
There are official celebrations of course but the biggest fun are the flee markets and street parties in the big cities. Hundreds of thousands of peasants will come the cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht. Public transportation between cities will probably be a mess, within cities it will often be non-existant. Cardrivers shouldn't even consider to go to the center.
The Dutch will get drunk and go beserk on parties till deep into the night.

I'm checking out now, (08:30) because I want to find some old books for € 1 at the flee markets around the corner.
First come, first take (no service!)

Leve de Koningin!
Hoera! Hoera! Hoera!
Very Happy
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Koninginnedag! Reply with quote

Abraham wrote:
This year we celebrate it today, Saturday April 29th, out of respect for the Christian religion.
I know how she must feel; occasionally my Birthday falls on Thanksgiving. It sucks not getting any gifts till the weekend. Very Happy

Have fun partying! Thumbs Up
Abraham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Koninginnedag! Reply with quote

Just an update:
Bought already 15 terriffic (new) DVD's (for € 55), 10 second hand books (for € 11,50) and 5 pairs of (new) sock (well, they were sold together for € 5).
No alcohol yet.
Leaving for the city center now.
No moderation at all by me for the next 24 hours!
Joking
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Koninginnedag! Reply with quote

Abraham wrote:
Bought... 5 pairs of (new) sock[s] (well, they were sold together for € 5).
Well your just a party animal aren’t you! Rolling Eyes Laughing
bradclark1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Koninginnedag! Reply with quote

Abraham wrote:
Just an update:
Bought already 15 terriffic (new) DVD's (for € 55)

Umm, they wouldn't be pirated DVD's would they? Joking
Fish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Koninginnedag! Reply with quote

Abraham wrote:

Queen Beatrix her real birthday is on Jan. 31, but since the abdication of her mother, Queen Juliana, we celebrate the official birthday of our Queen on her mothers birthday, April 30th.

Well, not really.
There are official celebrations of course but the biggest fun are the flee markets and street parties in the big cities. Hundreds of thousands of peasants will come the cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht. Public transportation between cities will probably be a mess, within cities it will often be non-existant. Cardrivers shouldn't even consider to go to the center.

I'm checking out now, (08:30) because I want to find some old books for € 1 at the flee markets around the corner.

Leve de Koningin!
Hoera! Hoera! Hoera!
Very Happy

Just you know, it's my birthday too. Joking
Abraham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Koninginnedag! Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Abraham wrote:

Well, not really.

Leve de Koningin!
Hoera! Hoera! Hoera!
Very Happy

Hartelijk gefeliciteerd, Vis. Hoera! Hoera! Hoera!
Joking
Abraham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Koninginnedag! Reply with quote

bradclark1 wrote:
Abraham wrote:
Just an update:
Bought already 15 terriffic (new) DVD's (for € 55)

Umm, they wouldn't be pirated DVD's would they? Joking

ABSOLUTELY NOT, otherwise I would have to ban myself under the Subsim.com regulations.
I got the 10 DVD documentary "World War II" for € 35; the Oscar winning Frank Capra documentary: "World War II" - by now you all probably think I love World Wars for € 8; "Frantic"(Harrisson Ford / Roman Polanski) for € 8; "Lethal Weapon 4"(Mel Gibson / Richard Donner) for € 8; John Denver "Live" (€ 4) and Elvis Presley "The King Live"(€ 4)
Not a bad score, I think.
Very Happy
Abraham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Koninginnedag! Reply with quote

TLAM Strike wrote:
Abraham wrote:
Bought... 5 pairs of (new) sock[s] (well, they were sold together for € 5).
Well your just a party animal aren’t you! Rolling Eyes Laughing

I'll tell you a secret, TLAM Strike.
I got five more books for € 3,75 and a set of 50 year old wooden cross country ski's and sticks for € 50 and a few drinks by now. You might know that cross country skiing is my favourite sport.
Isn't that bestial?
Let's party!
Joking
Fish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Koninginnedag! Reply with quote

Abraham wrote:
Fish wrote:
Abraham wrote:

Well, not really.

Leve de Koningin!
Hoera! Hoera! Hoera!
Very Happy

Hartelijk gefeliciteerd, Vis. Hoera! Hoera! Hoera!
Joking

Bedankt, neem nog een biertje. Thumbs Up
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: