Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

U-boat damage and collisions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike_espo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: U-boat damage and collisions Reply with quote

I am in a IXB career, just got rammed by a C2 while at 12m periscope depth while attacking a convoy.

I received no hull integrity damage and minor damage to stern torpedo compartment and stern quarters only. Took 10 seconds to repair. :huh:

Another test with IXB, a C3 at 12 knots rammed me at right angles....NO hull integrity damage??!! Surprised Surprised :huh: :huh: :down:

I have RuB 1.45 installed and NYGM crew management mod. I should think that this type of damage would be very severe, and at least have some hull integrity loss. :nope:

Is it possible to edit the zones file or something to alter this??
thanks

Last edited by mike_espo on Mon May 01, 2006 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Heibges

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hollywood Damage model will make your systems take more damage, and there will be more flooding, but not necessarily more hull integrity damage.

But the whole flooding dynamic of Hollywood is very exciting.

I have had to save my boat a couple of times.
mike_espo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded Hollywoods damage mod. Was great for late war, as it made surviving a little easier. However, with this mod, I seemed to get less damage by collisions.
BigBadVuk

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What damage model does have SW mod(updated to 1.1)?
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a 7000 ton tanker ram your 1200 ton u-boat should put you on the bottom...period.

I would love to see this fixed.
mike_espo

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailor Steve wrote:
Having a 7000 ton tanker ram your 1200 ton u-boat should put you on the bottom...period.

I would love to see this fixed.

Yep. Unfortunately, no hull integrity damage, but I did incur some damage, all repairable. :nope:

I was hoping one of the modders could suggest a edit of some file.....
Heibges

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike_espo wrote:
I downloaded Hollywoods damage mod. Was great for late war, as it made surviving a little easier. However, with this mod, I seemed to get less damage by collisions.

Interesting. Did you get a lot of flooding? I have found this mod made it harder, but I have only been rammed a couple of times, so maybe this problem is not fixed by Hollywood.
gouldjg

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get better collision damage,

Your sub hit points has to be so low that everything such as dc will blow sub out of water. The whole damage model would need to be reworked in balanced.

When this is done, everything including the DC, shells and ship damage etc etc will have to be rebalanced within the game.

It is not immpossible nowadays :know: with all the tools available but does require some time. I was thinking of looking into this in june as it is one of the majority main bugs that I think people including myself would like to be solved.

I will run a simple test and let you know if it is succesfull or not.
mike_espo

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heibges wrote:
mike_espo wrote:

Interesting. Did you get a lot of flooding? I have found this mod made it harder, but I have only been rammed a couple of times, so maybe this problem is not fixed by Hollywood.

Yes, just did a test with Hollywoods RuB.... not only no damage from collision, but no damage period... :hmm:
gouldjg

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike_espo wrote:
Heibges wrote:
mike_espo wrote:

Yes, just did a test with Hollywoods RuB.... not only no damage from collision, but no damage period... :hmm:

That is unusual

Can I ask what version you used and if others are getting this no damage period scenario because of Hollywood.

By counts, you are supposed to take more damage with hollywood and sink via flooding yet still just maybe manage to escape. However, it has to be with the right DC settings and shell.
Heibges

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my KISS setup. I get damage, and lots of flooding. Did I mention how much I love the flooding?

SH3 1.4b
RuB 1.45
SH3 Commander
mike_espo

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think Hollywood has anything to do with it. I don't get any hull integrity damage with collisions. I just tried enabling Hollywood damage model to see if I would get any hull integrity damage from collisions.

As is, I have 1.4b, SH commander 2.5, RuB 1.45z, NYGM crew management, SH3 Battery fix, and a number of smaller mods for sound, and sky.

From what Gouldjg wrote, it is a hardcoded thing.....

I thought it would be a simple matter with the zon or zones cfg. Yep
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: