Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Gramophone will not play music
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robj250

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Gramophone will not play music Reply with quote

I've tried everything but I cannot get the gramophone to play music. All I get is the scratching noise. Any know what the problem is? Robert
Dimitrius07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... Maybe you in silent runing Confused
robj250

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimitrius07 wrote:
Hm... Maybe you in silent runing Confused

No, I am on the surface running ahead standard.
bookworm_020

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you need to put a coin in the meter?
MarshalLaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get the scratching sound with other game sounds as well? If so turn your sound hardware exceleration down. If that does not work try upgrading your sound drivers to the latest version. I have the scratching sound as well it comes and goes but for me it's usually triggers when I use my deck gun. All sounds are effected.

If your problem is only with the gamaphone then you may have a bad sound file in the gamaphone folder. delete the sound files except the default one that comes with the game,and reinstall.

good luck .
robj250

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarshalLaw wrote:
Do you get the scratching sound with other game sounds as well? If so turn your sound hardware exceleration down. If that does not work try upgrading your sound drivers to the latest version. I have the scratching sound as well it comes and goes but for me it's usually triggers when I use my deck gun. All sounds are effected.

If your problem is only with the gamaphone then you may have a bad sound file in the gamaphone folder. delete the sound files except the default one that comes with the game,and reinstall.

good luck .

The gramophone noise is the one that came with one of the mods I installed called "gramophome noise"
robj250

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robj250 wrote:
MarshalLaw wrote:

good luck .

The gramophone noise is the one that came with one of the mods I installed called "gramophome noise"

I restored the gramophone noise to the default that came with SH3 and I still get no noise when I ask the radio man to play the gramophone. So, what's the next thing I should try?
robj250

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robj250 wrote:
robj250 wrote:
MarshalLaw wrote:

good luck .

I restored the gramophone noise to the default that came with SH3 and I still get no noise when I ask the radio man to play the gramophone. So, what's the next thing I should try?

I have the following mods installed, starting from the beginning: DVD Patch 1.4b, JSGME, MVP-1.0, RecManualMod by augie64, JCW_Intro, Sound Trainer, No_Fatigue, Daily Contacts Report 1.01 and Ave.Joes Torpedo+Deckgun speed-of-sound delay v1.2+. None of these had any affect on the playing of the gramophone because the gramophone never played music from the very beginning. Robert
MarshalLaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is in your gamaphone folder? If the sound mods are not in that folder then they will not play, also the files need to be certain types. There is a thread here that will tell you which sound files are compatable with SH3. I am not at my computer so I cannot look.

The place I d/L my gamaphone files was at real uboat simulations .com The site has a complete music listing as well as radio broadcast of the period.

If deleteing the gamasound file you had took care of the scratching sound problem. Then all you needs is the right gamaphone file types, put them into the gamaphone folder in SH3 and you should be up and running.
robj250

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarshalLaw wrote:
what is in your gamaphone folder? If the sound mods are not in that folder then they will not play, also the files need to be certain types. There is a thread here that will tell you which sound files are compatable with SH3. I am not at my computer so I cannot look.

The place I d/L my gamaphone files was at real uboat simulations .com The site has a complete music listing as well as radio broadcast of the period.

If deleteing the gamasound file you had took care of the scratching sound problem. Then all you needs is the right gamaphone file types, put them into the gamaphone folder in SH3 and you should be up and running.

The original 830 Gramophone mp3 is there and I also made a copy of it as a wav file. Then there is radio wav in there the gramophone folder.
MarshalLaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you have only the stock wav files in the gamaphone folder and you still have no music.....Hate to say it but you may need to reinstall. At this point not sure what else you can try. :hmm:
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the best German music from the period, go here:
http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/

Click on SH3 Grammaphone Downloads, and get the files German Hits 1910-1929 all the way through German Hits 1945. They need to be unzipped, and they may need to be converted to .wav or .ogg format, but with those you will have more than one hundred songs to listen to.
Sawdust

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robj250 wrote:

I may be remembering this wrong, but maybe you need to disable the game's music to use the gramophone.
robj250

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawdust wrote:
robj250 wrote:

I may be remembering this wrong, but maybe you need to disable the game's music to use the gramophone.

That's in options, right? I'll give it a try. Thanks. Robert
DeepSix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no need to disable the game soundtrack; no need to reinstall. You just have an empty gramophone folder.

I would follow Sailor Steve's suggestion and download some of the period music. You can put *any* .mp3 file into the gramophone folder and it will play within the game. However, if it doesn't play *well*, then converting it to an .ogg file will probably help. Same with the soundtrack. *If* you get tired of it, you can remove it.

But I'd say keep it simple to start with and just try putting any .mp3 file you want into the gramophone folder (located in ...data\sound\gramophone) and see if that gives you music. If so, you'll be off and running. Thumbs Up
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: