Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

pay hommage to the mighty boro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micky1up

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: pay hommage to the mighty boro Reply with quote

once again boro have fought back from 3-0 on aggregate to win 4-3 against stuea bucharest what a game what a win and massimo maccorone scored the last minute winner as in the game against basel a proud day for a middlesbrough fan like me rejoice and make merriement Thumbs Up
August

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. :doh:
micky1up

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

football man football a game that can change your life and im not talking about that pansy game u play in the US soccer its the best game ever
August

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

micky1up wrote:
football man football a game that can change your life and im not talking about that pansy game u play in the US soccer its the best game ever

If that's true then why do you feel the need to badmouth somebody elses favorite sport? A clear sign of insecurity.
Ishmael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, Soccer. As Exciting as watching a bridge rust. Now if you want a real game, Baseball is the only way to go.
Abraham

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: pay hommage to the mighty boro Reply with quote

Ishmael wrote:
Ahh, Soccer. As Exciting as watching a bridge rust. Now if you want a real game, Baseball is the only way to go.

You just watch the World Championship this summer. That will teach you a lesson!
Very Happy
Gizzmoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: pay hommage to the mighty boro Reply with quote

Abraham wrote:
You just watch the World Championship this summer. That will teach you a lesson!
Very Happy

Yep
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite sport is cricket, which often goes for about 6 hours a day for 5 consecutive days, and even I find soccer excruciating boring.

Too low scoring, and too many prima donnas taking dives whenever they are touched due to poor sportsmanship and overbearing referees.
lesrae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mog wrote:
.....too many prima donnas taking dives whenever they are touched due to poor sportsmanship and overbearing referees.

That's what spoils it for me - it's no longer sport, it's big business and vastly over-inflated salaries - combine the two and the sporting side goes out the window.
micky1up

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

august a clear sign of being rather drunk but soccer is still the worlds fav sport
August

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

micky1up wrote:
august a clear sign of being rather drunk but soccer is still the worlds fav sport

Not personally my cup o' tea, but then again i'm no fan of Basketball or Hockey either which are very similar to soccer in gameplay.
Egan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big shout to Boro. Abosolutely fantastic game. 2-0 down to win 4-2 on the night and go through to the final. What a win. I always thought Maccarone was a bit of a donkey to be honest but he proved his worth last night for sure.

And will Maclaren get the England Job? Course not - the FA are more interested in 'High Profile' candidates than anyone who can actually motivate players, which isn't to dis Big Phill Scolari or anything. I love how the pundits keep saying ' Scolari won the world cup with Brazil.' Yes he did, but i think you will find that the operative word there is 'Brazil' Very Happy

Congratulations. Hope you win.

I hope that Arsenal get humped by Barca though. Very Happy
Abraham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: pay hommage to the mighty boro Reply with quote

August wrote:
micky1up wrote:

Not personally my cup o' tea, but then again i'm no fan of Basketball or Hockey either which are very similar to soccer in gameplay.

Hockey - not icehokey I hope - is a bit similar too footbal, but basketball???
Surprised
August

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: pay hommage to the mighty boro Reply with quote

Abraham wrote:
August wrote:
micky1up wrote:

Hockey - not icehokey I hope - is a bit similar too footbal, but basketball???
Surprised

The gameplay is very similar. Opposing goals (baskets), penalty shots, off side rules, etc...
GreyOctober

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUST HOW did i miss this thread?! Surprised

The worst defeat ive seen in years. The whole country was stunned! Of course im talking about Boro-Steaua Bucharest match. And by contrast, the quickest 180 degree mentality shift with Boro players, who still played in an organized fashion after being led with 3-0. :huh:
Well done Boro...shame on our team though. Bunch of incompetents!!! :down:

Stare Stare Stare Stare Stare Stare Stare
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: