Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Bloody Luftwaffe!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Bloody Luftwaffe! Reply with quote

On patrol off the Norwiegian coast late April 1940. I send a contact report. Start lining up my shot. Only see Stukas get the glory Surprised . On two occasions, I score a hit and while biding my time as the fantail slowly sinks into the deep. And then here comes the Luftwaffe to steal the tonnage Damn. Ten ships sunk three weeks in my patrol. And I get credit for five. Thinking about going over to the English coast with my seven remaining torpedos and get some air cover from the RAF. though it is kinda fun to watch the Ju 87's and Ju 88's practice thier trade. Hope I get credit for being an excellent spotter for the fly boys.
Schani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I type to quick. So pardon my spelling and grammatical errors.
Ducimus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't send a contact report, they wont show up.
bookworm_020

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck you were lucky to see them at all! I send off contact reports and see no sign of thoese struting flyboys. Crying or Very sad
svenks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw my first Luftwaffe action the other day: West of ireland, was stalking a convoy, when 2 Condors appeared. They each dropped a single bomb without hitting anything and then flew away.
Oh, well - at least I didn't have to make a contact report on that convoy...

BRGDS
Sven
Tonnage_Ace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I've seen the Luftwaffe respond to my radio reports are in the Med. Pretty useful for sinking convoys, thereby reenacting that fateful PQ convoy, but not for single merchants, because those fly-boys usually take away my tonnage :nope:
STEED

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey don't knock the Luftwaffe they got me out of a tough scrap in the Med. Six Destroyers were looking for me and hammering me, then I here a sound of a ship going down, so I took a peek. Those Destroyers got where hands full with the Luftwaffe, allowing me to escape and fight another day. Yep
Tonnage_Ace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEED wrote:
Hey don't knock the Luftwaffe they got me out of a tough scrap in the Med. Six Destroyers were looking for me and hammering me, then I here a sound of a ship going down, so I took a peek. Those Destroyers got where hands full with the Luftwaffe, allowing me to escape and fight another day. Yep

I was in the same situation. The Luftwaffe's great, but not when they sink a ship, you had disabled, which is dead in the water, effectively 'stealing' renown from you. They ain't so great when it's a passenger liner we're talking about... Rotfl
STEED

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True just taking it from another angle. Razz
tbarak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my situation Goering has been too busy looting French booty to help. Well once they damaged a C3 and left it for me to finish off - that was pretty cool. But on a few occasions I called them for help but they never showed. Damn land lubbers.
Schani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't complaining as much as expressing my fascination with the Luftwaffe attacks. I knew it was my sending contact reports that was bring thier wrath upon the helpless Norwiegian merchants. It was just how prompt they were at times. Though I did get to finish one off that the Stuka's had mauled. Last night after running out of torpedos and heading back to port. I continued sheparding the Luftwaffe in on any contact. And four more went down. Goering should have come down to the docks and decorated me. Tonight, new patrol. 12 June 1940. Grid AM97. I'll be wishing the Luftwaffe was looking over me. Right now heading between the Shetland's and the Orkney's. I'll decide the route after that. Have a great weekend all.
Hartmann

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy if i see more luftwaffe fighters during 43 -45, or in the biscaia gulf :shifty: :nope: :dead:
BigBadVuk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only aircraft i saw was around Kiel and Wilhelmshaven (im talking about GW mod)..........No luck or what?
slow_n_ez

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartmann wrote:
I would be happy if i see more luftwaffe fighters during 43 -45, or in the biscaia gulf :shifty: :nope: :dead:

I think by 43 to 45 Germany didn't have much of anything that flew in the air that would be much threat to anyone ............
STEED

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow_n_ez wrote:
Hartmann wrote:

I think by 43 to 45 Germany didn't have much of anything that flew in the air that would be much threat to anyone ............

Not true the Luftwaffe was pulled back to defend Germany from Allied bombing in 1943. By 1944 on the Western Front they had been hit hard, but they were still fighting it out on the Eastern Front during 1944. By 1945 the Luftwaffe was grounded lack of fuel and of course a shadow of its former self back in 1940. But they did launch one last great offensive in the west called Operation Bodenplatte Luftwaffe’s New Year’s Day attack on the Allied airfields on 1 January 1945 one final act of defiance.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: