Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

What are the Sonobouy Depths now???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momar69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: What are the Sonobouy Depths now??? Reply with quote

The Manual says all Shallow are 90ft and all deep are 400. The P3 Manual says that for VLADs that shallow is 600 and deep is 1200. A few other guides ive read have had varying numbers as well. Does anyone know definitivly what the actual depths are for the bouys in the game??
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As listed in the USNI in game:

DIFAR 90/400
DICASS 90/800
VLAD 600/1200

No you can't use them in water that is shallower than their listed sensor depth.
Sgian Dubh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is a bit ironic in that the Sh60 demo starts out with a line of VLADS in water that is at best 350 feet deep, rendering the sonobouy line useless. I took me a bit of re-reading to sort that one out.

Now I dump all but shallow DICASS and DIFAR plust 1 BT from the helo if I am going to use the mission.

That is also a noteworthy issue for mission designers. For SH60 and P3C missions, please give some indication of the depth of the water in the area if it is all shallow. There is nothing worse
than having half your load be VLADs when the water is everywhere 400 feet deep.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: