Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SH3 Commander questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Txema

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: SH3 Commander questions Reply with quote

I can see that SH3 commander allows us to change easily a lot of things in SH3:

For example it allows us to select a fatigue model or to leave the fatigue model unchanged (by un-ticking the option).

It also allows us to select the deck gun reload time, the water density and the waves heigth. However it seems that I can not leave these last things unchanged. I am forced to select a value for them (I can not un-tick them). What can I do if I want to leave these things unchanged? (to use the value introduced by the Grey Wolves mod that I am currently using). Is the value initially displayed in SH3 commander the default one for SH3 commander or is the value actually read from SH3?

Thank you very much for your help !!!!

Txema
JScones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set wave height to: 1.25x
Set 88mm reload time to: 10
Set 105mm reload time to: 12

Isn't this covered in the GW readme? If not, perhaps it should be. Although, pls don't be shy in changing the values to make the gameplay suit you. There's no need to feel obliged to use the values that come with any mods (unless stipulated in their readme).

BTW, water density can be turned off.
Txema

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your answer !!!

Could you please consider allowing us to turn off the rest of the things:

wave height
88mm reload time
105mm reload time

in the following release of SH3 commander? It would make me feel much more confortable with your otherwise excellent tool !!!

Thank you for all your excellent work !!!

Txema
JScones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually moving to improving the whole backup process in an attempt to make it harder for users to stuff up.

With the next release, yes, these will be options. The result being that if you choose to disable the options, files like scene.dat and (perhaps) Basic.cfg won't be backed up because nothing will be written to them. No backup means less likelyhood of problems if the user forgets to rollback. Scene.dat and Basic.cfg are perhaps two of the three (the other beining menu_1024_768.ini which SH3Cmdr will NEVER touch) most troublesome files.

My grand plan is to simply backup the values changed, but I fear time contraints will never see that come to fruition.
Beery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JScones wrote:
I'm actually moving to improving the whole backup process in an attempt to make it harder for users to stuff up....

Oh I hope it doesn't come to that. In my opinion time could be so much better spent adding features, instead of 'hand-holding' for folks who, for one reason or another, won't read the Help file.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: