Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Intermittent radio

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pythos1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Intermittent radio Reply with quote

Odd problem here.

On my way out from kiel, I get 1 radio message from a sub having exhaust valve problems. Then throughout the rest of the patrol, no radio messages, or contact reports.

After sneaking into Locke Ewe, and sinking a Nelson class BB, I get out, and send a report. No response.

When close to the fatherland, I repeat my message, and lo and behold I get a message.

Is this a feature of the game any of you have come across?

I enabled 16km dark recently, could that also be an issue?
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exhaust valve message is a part of IrishRed's Radiolog Mod, included in Grey Wolves. It was an actual message sent on that date, and is there just for ambience. Sometimes you'll get lots of those, sometimes not.
pythos1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, that was the only message I got the entire patrol. I did not even recieve resposes to my status reports. In other words, the radio seems inoperative.

I have grey wolves installed, and was getting many, many messages (which was great), but on the later missions of 1939 the radio went silent.
pythos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there some cfg setting to get the radio to work. I am on another patrol, and the radio in grey wolves has gone silent. Looking in the messages section of the campaign folder there should be a few long messages.

Has something gone wonky in my program or something?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: