Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Speech problems.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robj250

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Speech problems. Reply with quote

The first thing I noticed was that the interior sound was working okay Smile , but when I selected the navigator for course, etc, he no longer said "Yes Sir" Sad . However, when I went to the TDC and set the torpedoes, the TDC speeches worked okay Very Happy . In the bottom right corner of the nav map I lost the compass that I had installed by a previous mod Sad . Now I don't know what is causing the above mentioned problems; but yesterday I did the following: 1) I uninstalled Ave.Joe Torpedo+Deckgun speed-of-sound explosions v1.2+ and then I added the sounds that I wanted (picked them from various sound mods) to that mod and I reinstalled it using JSGME. 2) I installed the following mods: Conning_towerrub1.43, Dark_DC, ImprovedConvoys, New night sea and sky, No_Fatigue, ContrastMod, CA Instrument Patch v1.0, BowSpray 1.2, Atl Wake Mod, Atl Sky Mod v2, and AiSonar1. Anyone have any ideas why I lost the navigator's speech? Crying or Very sad I may have lost more as I just started the patrol and have not tested everything. Robert.
robj250

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Speech problems. Reply with quote

robj250 wrote:
The first thing I noticed was that the interior sound was working okay Smile , but when I selected the navigator for course, etc, he no longer said "Yes Sir" Sad . However, when I went to the TDC and set the torpedoes, the TDC speeches worked okay Very Happy . In the bottom right corner of the nav map I lost the compass that I had installed by a previous mod Sad . Now I don't know what is causing the above mentioned problems; but yesterday I did the following: 1) I uninstalled Ave.Joe Torpedo+Deckgun speed-of-sound explosions v1.2+ and then I added the sounds that I wanted (picked them from various sound mods) to that mod and I reinstalled it using JSGME. 2) I installed the following mods: Conning_towerrub1.43, Dark_DC, ImprovedConvoys, New night sea and sky, No_Fatigue, ContrastMod, CA Instrument Patch v1.0, BowSpray 1.2, Atl Wake Mod, Atl Sky Mod v2, and AiSonar1. Anyone have any ideas why I lost the navigator's speech? Crying or Very sad I may have lost more as I just started the patrol and have not tested everything. Robert.

Well a lot more went wrong, such as: when I tried to get the command room, I got the water surface. :down: When I tried to get the radio or sonar room, I got the sea again :down: When I pressed F11 to get the flak gun, I got a screenshot :down: So I tried the left side pull-out menu and tried to get the grammaphone and got the sea. :down: Also, did not get dive sounds or surface sounds :down: So, I looked in the Activated list and saw that the mod CA_Instrument Patch v1.0 and the BowSpray 1.2 were not listed. But I disabled the following mods: Conning_towerrub1.43, Dark_DC, ImprovedConvoys, New night sea and sky, Daily Contacts Reports 1.01. I restarted the computer and then I reinstalled the Daily Contacts Report 1.01. So will see what happens on next patrol to see what has been corrected. Robert.
robj250

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Speech problems. Reply with quote

robj250 wrote:
robj250 wrote:

Well a lot more went wrong, such as: when I tried to get the command room, I got the water surface. :down: When I tried to get the radio or sonar room, I got the sea again :down: When I pressed F11 to get the flak gun, I got a screenshot :down: So I tried the left side pull-out menu and tried to get the grammaphone and got the sea. :down: Also, did not get dive sounds or surface sounds :down: So, I looked in the Activated list and saw that the mod CA_Instrument Patch v1.0 and the BowSpray 1.2 were not listed. But I disabled the following mods: Conning_towerrub1.43, Dark_DC, ImprovedConvoys, New night sea and sky, Daily Contacts Reports 1.01. I restarted the computer and then I reinstalled the Daily Contacts Report 1.01. So will see what happens on next patrol to see what has been corrected. Robert.

Well, I removed those mods and just started a new patrol and the problems are still there. :down: If I back up my career and make a fresh install of the game, and then restore my backed up career, will it work? Confused Advise please, quickly. Robert.
robj250

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Speech problems. Reply with quote

robj250 wrote:
robj250 wrote:
robj250 wrote:

Well, I removed those mods and just started a new patrol and the problems are still there. :down: If I back up my career and make a fresh install of the game, and then restore my backed up career, will it work? Confused Advise please, quickly. Robert.

I just read one the old posts when I had problems before and I saved my career and did a clean install and everything worked fine, so I'll try it again. But, one of those mods caused the problems and I don't know which one it was. But I'll sure find out.
Robert.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: