Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Bootsmann Rolf Staats is dead.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosencrantz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Bootsmann Rolf Staats is dead. Reply with quote

We have to report, Bootsmann Rolf Staats died 0715 14th of sept. 1939. Bootmann Staats died in accident while on duty as his boats U22 radio / hydrophone operator. The accident happend when the captain of U22, OLtn z. S. Otto Majewski ordered his boat to dive to the bottom of ocean. Captains intention was to get his boat to the bottom to give the boats crew possibility to rest after sailing for several days in most horrobul thunder storm. When the boat hit the bottom, Bootsmann Staats lost his balance and hit his head to the equipment in the boats sonar station. Bootsmann Staats died immedeadetly after the accident. After the accident OLtn Majewski ordered the boat back to the surface and after short reparation Bootsmann Staats was burried into the sea at point 086-011 / AN63 with every honour allowed by the situation. Bootsmann Staats was a skilled solder and a man his comrades could trust. Bootsmann Staats gave his life for the Führer and for the Reich. Salute!

A lesson: Don't try to get your boat to the bottom if you are on shallow waters in bad weather. Damn Damn Damn
Frenssen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblt.z.S Ralf Konenpläger tried the same tactic once. There were no casualties, but the boat was almost lost to flooding. The repair crew all got decorated for saving the boat.
Myxale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems my fellow Kaleuns need to get a hang out of grounding the Boot! Wink Which is a most common thing in the U-Boot fleet!

The only time I lost a member due to hard impact was due to heavy flooding and no way to soften the crash dive! :hmm:
BigBadVuk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
I NEVER EVER USEd crash dive unles the following:

1. Aircraft attack from out of nowhere but even then i first check the deep under keel(it take just 2-3 secs)
2. destroyer is near and shooting at me(but also check the space under me 1st)
3. Im in deep waters and i just want some fun....

Even if u order crash dive usualu u have enough time to stop sub on less depth then 70m.Just wait to submerge and then click to 40 or 50 m and order standard ahead or slow ahead.....

If situation become critical order all back emergency or even blow all tanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: