Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Teach Me all Ye Learn'd minds
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momar69

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapitan wrote:
Well its all good doing the theory side but you do need experiance practicaly, take driving a car if i could do my test just by writing on a piece of paper hell the roads would be so dangerous.

That is very true...but wouldnt it be better to do the theory first and then gain practical experience once you know how things are designed to work?
Kapitan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well depends how you leanr you have, visual audio and practical learning every person is diffrent, im a practical learner use my hands instead of reading a book learn through that way.

the only thing i do suggest is get used to the boat, read up on tactic's and experiment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Momar69

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I plan on doing. After reading up on the platforms I have DL'd the tatics guides that are out there and plan to experiment in the single missions and DL'd missions.
Momar69

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 More questions. a lot of the Tactical guides are for Sub Command, how well does this translate over to DW??

And I was floating around in my seawolf and got some contacts and assigned tracking numbers to them, however when I went to my DEMON display I couldnt get anything to show, when I hit Review my ATF numbers wouldnt come up. I classified them using the Narrowband display and all, but no luck. Its probably something very simple im missing here. Any Pointers?
Kapitan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the actual tactics but the platforms are very diffrent now in DW than they are in SC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momar69 wrote:
2 More questions. a lot of the Tactical guides are for Sub Command, how well does this translate over to DW??

And I was floating around in my seawolf and got some contacts and assigned tracking numbers to them, however when I went to my DEMON display I couldnt get anything to show, when I hit Review my ATF numbers wouldnt come up. I classified them using the Narrowband display and all, but no luck. Its probably something very simple im missing here. Any Pointers?

About the only change made that significantly effects how old tactics work is that torps explode on decoys in DW and DW 1.02+ has a strong layer effect.. Of course LW/ami takes care of the decoy thing. =) So, just about everything that was helpful in SC works in DW too.
Momar69

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im slowly getting the hang of it. I know how to get to where im going and set waypoints, launch weapons and all that good stuff, but right now the Sonar is really baffling me(Take this morning when I was driving a 688i). I can see contacts on my narrowband and broadband, im able to classify them using the narrowband I just dont know what to do from there, like how to find the range, speed and all that while staying deep and using the sonar. Also im still confused with the mirror image on the towed array. The real contact will always stay on the same berring if I make a 90 degree turn while the mirrored one with move down the narrowband to follow the turn? Also sometimes I try to designate trackers to these contacts I detect but many times nothing will happen, the button clicks but no tracker number will be assigned. Ive read the manual and some 3rd party guides but its still another world for me.

Pretty much what im saying is I can see the contacts on the sonar but where to go from there is a total mystery. Ive been making turns and changing speed and all that good stuff but its useless because i just dont know what im supposed to be doing. I know i should do that, but not sure why and what to do after that. Sorry for the rant, its frustrating but im having a blast too.

Oh and Kaptian I just got your inbox message, i didnt notice you put a PS in the very first message of this post. When I get off work i will add you on msn and go from there.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem sir anytime.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: