Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

So frustrating

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saukko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: So frustrating Reply with quote

I started a new career with 100% difficulty, my boat was a type IIA and got a pretty good start on my first patrol sinking a small merchant and transport, then I got a radio contact to yet another enemy ship and I managed to find it in a storm (repeteatly diving, stopping engines and listening), and it was a large cargo! I launched my two last torpedoes, both hit but she wouldn't sink. So there I was, a 17000+ ton target dead in the water just begging to be shot, and I don't have any torpedoes left, and I couldn't even use the 20 mm flak because of the storm.

I stayed there for some time but I left eventually. But soon after that I got the "target destroyed" message, nearly two hours after the ship was hit, and I got credits for it!

It is Finnish but ship types a pretty clear, I don't remember better patrol in a type II sub. So I sailed to Wilhelmshaven thinking all the medals and renown...
But when I docked, I got no credits at all! This is the first time that this has happened to me, and it was a such a good patrol, and to make things worse I didn't save during patrol.
Argh, I wanted to kill myself. I think I will start a new career, I don't want to continue that one...
DeepSix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a German commerce raider; could it be that you sank a friendly?
Einzelganger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepSix wrote:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a German commerce raider; could it be that you sank a friendly?

Surprised Laughing Laughing

You are kidding, right ?
DeepSix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No... but I'm not running any merchant mods either. Maybe my eyes are just getting bad as I age.... Very Happy
zzsteven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure looks like an English flag to me.

zz
Keelbuster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type IIa - is that 3 torpedoes or 5? Either way, that's the reason I can't handle the II. With TW, you might get 1 ship per patrol. Arg.

And, {sigh} I miss the days when a large cargo was 17k. With my mod arrangement (TW), it's like 6k or something. For a while I had a mod setup (rub 1.44?) that gave 17k per large cargo, and I almost sh*t myself when I sunk the first one and saw the tonnage. It was a great time in the channel. Now I'm looking forward to the 8k i get for a Large Tanker.

Kb
U-Bones

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Keelbuster"]Type IIa - is that 3 torpedoes or 5? Either way, that's the reason I can't handle the II. With TW, you might get 1 ship per patrol. Arg.

And, {sigh} I miss the days when a large cargo was 17k. With my mod arrangement (TW), it's like 6k or something. For a while I had a mod setup (rub 1.44?) that gave 17k per large cargo, and I almost sh*t myself when I sunk the first one and saw the tonnage. It was a great time in the channel. Now I'm looking forward to the 8k i get for a Large Tanker.

Kb[/quote

I agree, some tonnage comparisons between ships are comical.
spork542

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

17k tons? :hmm: Strange how a T3 tanker is bigger than that yet half the tons. :doh:
Keelbuster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed.
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWII aircraft carriers are bigger than battleships, yet displace less tonnage.

It depends on what they're carrying; steel weighs more than oil.

On the other hand, I agree: 17,000 tons was a bit much.
CptGrayWolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: So frustrating Reply with quote

Nice screenshot! Thumbs Up I can feel the rain running down my back.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: