Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Help with RealUboat1.45 mod

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt Eomer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Help with RealUboat1.45 mod Reply with quote

Any idea where in the directory i have to install it? Confused
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan to use the full mod, just place the 'Data' folder on top of the one in SHIII. When it asks if you want to overwrite the files, click 'Yes to all'. It will replace all the pertinent files with the proper new ones.

In the readme it tells how to do this as well.
Capt Eomer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks just when i downloaded it off the subsim site it was just one file which if i try to open it asks me what program i should use to open it anyway thanks i go and try that now
Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't done so yet, you'll have to unpack the .7z file first. You can download the necessary tool for it on this website: http://www.7-zip.org/.

I also recommend using a program like JSGME (http://www.beerymod.com/) to easily enable and disable mods, if you plan on changing things later Smile.
Beery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, be aware that RUb is designed to be the hardest of the hardcore where realism is concerned. Many people who are used to the standard game are overwhelmed by it at first, as it has aspects that are more real but less fun (i.e. the deck gun) and aspects that can be frustrating at first because they are more challenging (i.e. the fatigue model). However, RUb rewards those who can stick with it because if you're using RUb you are getting quite close to the challenge that real life U-boat commanders faced.
Capt Eomer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okies in that case i try finishing my current crearer then and out of intrest is thier a guide for how to tract down ships after you deteched them? cause i do a serch pattern on where they where last seen but i can never seam to find them again ><
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: