Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Cheats
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kapitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Cheats Reply with quote

Just played a game wth a few people and noticed that some players are some how cheating.

They use the LWAMI mods as per normal but when the game says dont use it they just disable it, but it does wonders for thier torps, ie they dont get decoyed and they lock on as sson as they go active regardless if that person is 10 or 15 miles away.

Has anyone seen this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presuming that the game engine itself is running uncorrupted, and you're playing with equal databases (i.e. no database difference warnings) then the torpedo sensors will not pick up anything at that range. And the doctrines can do little without the sensor data, and should be controlled by the host in the first place.

I'd like to see the replay, to see what's going on.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One weakness of the DW MP system is that the host is free to make whatever edits to the doctrine files that he sees fit... that is to say, cheating is incredibly easy if you know beforehand what the game setup is going to be. However, the game will at least "work correctly" within the limits of the edits to the doctrine files. The only solution to this is to only play with hosts you trust.

If you get Database warnings when entering a game, then assume the game is not going to work right, whether someone is actively cheating or not... it's basically a waste of time to play when you have had a Database warning, so refuse the game in that case or insist that everyone checks their database to make sure they are running the official LWAMI or stock databases.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the game a few months ago but last night a friend of mine who was playing knowticed this too.

If you ever come accross SEMMEN or WORKER321 on game spy dont play them they cheat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
goldorak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapitan wrote:
I was in the game a few months ago but last night a friend of mine who was playing knowticed this too.

If you ever come accross SEMMEN or WORKER321 on game spy dont play them they cheat.

Instead of letting them host the game, why don't you host it. ?
In that case cheating will be absent.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because i cant host for some reason i can only join.
Palindromeria

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that whenever the database message occurs either the game freezes b4 start or someone perceives something "really strange" has happened at some point during game. whether cheating is ocurring or not i dont care to delve into. some of it has to be lack of awareness.

i find it frustrating when hosts dont kick players when they get this warning. 5 kewl people waste 45 minutes trying to get game out to sea. Sad

if it gives you any solace, Kapitan

i sank one of the accused quite easily just a few days ago. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
suBB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapitan wrote:

what makes you say this, kapt
SKeeM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a pretty strong accusation Kapt! As much as I hate hackers in any game I hope you have proof to back it up. If not just state that you feel there was a problem with the game you had with them. And people like me will come to our own conclusion based on our respect for you. Wink
Kapitan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all so far ive heard of atleast 6 or 7 people accuse them two alone, my proof will be in the replays, that a friend of mine duke keeps.
worker321

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kapitain ,do you have proof to say me a cheater?you can show everyone the replay,whether or not I am a cheater just judge by the people.
who say me a cheater,who just a cheater.
zephyr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in seeing this proof too. I've played with both Worker and Semmen on GAmespy several times and have never noticed any advantage they have over anyone else.

If they cheat, they're not very good (lol) because I'm not the strongest player and have gotten them both at some time or another.

I'm not saying your wrong Kapt.., but let's see what you have and let the juries decide
worker321

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in that dive I am not the host,just ~CAPT SfdukeDCNO-SSN
as the host.
I think the missiles are not normal because the net is slow
the mines behind me just is my tactics.
kapitain you don't know it ,just show you are lavatorial player of dw.
suBB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapitan wrote:
In all so far ive heard of atleast 6 or 7 people accuse them two alone, my proof will be in the replays, that a friend of mine duke keeps.

kaptian...

your reasoning is bullsh@t .. plain and simple... until you provide proof, you have no proof so your accusation carries no weight..

..and since you brought it up..

i think you owe it to worker321 to PROVE HIM TO BE CHEATING..

ive known of duke since subcommand, duke even mentioned this to me as well.. but what he calls cheating could be just tactics on workers end.. even after dukes brief explanation.. tactically it sounds like wild fish riding.. which is not a cheat .. AND he even sent me the replay.. but i know fish riding when i hear it.. so i left it and that and didnt bother with the replay.. and if thats the case.. it should be learned from and respected as new found tactics, instead of a blatent, simple-minded 'hes cheating' basically because 'ive never seen that trick before and ive been playing for years and years, blah, blah, blah'

and being stock 1.03/no mods, since that all duke plays and standard ROE for his virtual fleet, its a simple game-set in itself..

@ the usual 'motley crew' Rotfl

got a hot n fresh mission objective in the oven.. with everything on it.. Yep ill probably need some help play testing it to see if my triggers are working ok.. ill look for you and others later.
Capt Newt-iCoP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet the ounce of gold that sits next to my 1911 on my desk that Worker is not Cheating.

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=48677

when one of the many patches came out Worker asked me to report this in Feb. For some reason he has had some problem with his database (I assume) for some time. I know things look crazy in the replays. He told me he has re-installed and it still did not solve the problem. It's easy to accuse someone of cheating and some have gone TOO FAR already, this has been brewing for a couple of weeks, but Worker has been telling me about it for months. I don't know the answer to fix this problem. What ever the problem is, Calling him a Cheater is not the answer.

Have Fun
Newt
[/img]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: