Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

The Grey Wolves Supermod Update v1.1 UPDATE [MOD RELEASE]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigboywooly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: mods Reply with quote

to Dimitrius07
thanx where can i find this io mod of yours to try them?

oh have edited my .ini so should have convoy map back just weather and shortcut issues now

ummm no i dont oh well
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to use the SHIII Mission Editor yesterday, and found that if I try to load the GW SCR I get a crash. I have no problems loading the other campaign files, or other SCRs I have stored. Any ideas what's causing this?

Second question: does anyone have a clue how to add the harbor pictures for the Kiel Canal to the ingame map? They show up in the Editor maps, and by adding Naval Bases to the locations I was able to give them names, but still no harbor pictures. I've learned to avoid them when playing, but it sure would be nice to see them on the map.
Dimitrius07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigboywooly

Here http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51537

you may also try - thise http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51051
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailor Steve wrote:
I tried to use the SHIII Mission Editor yesterday, and found that if I try to load the GW SCR I get a crash. I have no problems loading the other campaign files, or other SCRs I have stored. Any ideas what's causing this?

Second question: does anyone have a clue how to add the harbor pictures for the Kiel Canal to the ingame map? They show up in the Editor maps, and by adding Naval Bases to the locations I was able to give them names, but still no harbor pictures. I've learned to avoid them when playing, but it sure would be nice to see them on the map.

I remember Cdre Gibs had the same or similar problem. IIRC it was related with the small air base definition; ie it was used in the .scr, but not defined in his system.
SubSerpent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will the camera view on the bridge be fixed? I still have to use binocs to get the alignment to center back to normal.
Konovalov

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpomd wrote:
I didnt understand previous Konvoy mod discussion but I tried to implement the solutions. unfortuneately it didnt help me with my Problem the 1.1 update causes a large black square at high zoom levels on both F5&F6. I am using only GM Mod and Update.
Tia

You have the same problem that I have as I posted in this thread with a screenshot:

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=50034&start=520

Konovalov wrote:
This has been a great mod. Having realised that there was a 1.1 update I installed it as per the readme instructions. I installed the 1.1 update over my existing SHIII install/1.4 patch and the GW mod v1.0 I did the following:

1. I rolled back SH3 Commander.
2. I installed the GW 1.1 update via JSGME utility.

When I went into the game and started a new career when I went to the map view or the TDC view I was confronted by the following big black square over my sub icon when zoomed in to a level where each little box represents 250m. When I zomed out to 500m per box or larger it would not show up. There was also another big blue box which seemed to be over either a ship or sub in my port at the time. Only when I could not view my own port (out of range), could I then zoom in on Kiel as per normal and see the port in close detail without the blue box. How can I correct these graphical errors? I have attached a screenshot that I took when I encountered this problem. Also after discovering this graphical prob I installed the hotfix and this has not resolved the problem. Any suggestions or advise would be most appreciated otherwise I will have to rollback to GW 1.0 release?

Is there a known fix for this?
Kpt. Lehmann

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

I'm sorry I haven't been back through to answer some questions... I am rather ill AGAIN!!! Damn Damn Damn

If I could have a couple days to get back with you I'd really appreciate it.

cheers
Tonnage_Ace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, everyone is getting sick these days. My Mom and my sister came down with something and now I've got a sore throat and head-ache. Even surfing the net turns up more people who are coming down with something, the Entensity.net guy comes to mind.
Deep Six

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone on this thread send me the hotfix for the bearing overlay, and convoy map as I cannot download from rapidshare for some reason? :nope: :nope:

Cheers Deep Six

deep_six*btopenworld.com (change * for @) you know why !!!!
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my big problem was fixed, namely not being able to load the SCR layer into the Mission Editor, and it was fixed even before I asked it. The 1.1 update came with a new SCR, and it loads fine. Now If we could just see those pesky Canal harbors...

I have a new complaint though, and I don't know if it's GW-related or not. I finally got all set to start a new career, and I looked around my type II and noticed it now has three reload torpedoes instead of two! I know there was a discussion on that a while ago, and I don't know what the final decision was, but I never saw it refered to in any readme for any mod, and I'm a little upset. The only source I've seen that actually mentions torpedo loads is Erminio Bagnasco's Submarines of World War Two, and it specifically mentions five torpedoes for the Type II.

I'm now in the laborious process of reloading my entire game/patch/mods in an effort to restore the previous, and to my mind correct, loadout.
Tonnage_Ace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's May '43 and I haven't received a radio message for a while. The only radio messages I have received are concerning the milkcows, when a milkcow unit has arrived at a patrol zone and when one leaves. I'm using the UC for GW mod, which changes milkcows available and also ver 1.1 of GW so it looks like this:

GW ver 1.0
GW ver 1.1
UC for GW

When I first started using GW I got a ton of informative messages about other u-boats, milestones in the war and guidlines for u-boats to follow, like the ban on attacking passenger liners at the beginning of the war. Now I mostly get milkcow messages and the ocassional convoy message. I'm thinking that UC for GW overwrote the radio messages to provide radio messages for the new milkcow model but I'm not sure. Anyone else have this issue?
Montbrun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonnage_Ace wrote:
It's May '43 and I haven't received a radio message for a while. The only radio messages I have received are concerning the milkcows, when a milkcow unit has arrived at a patrol zone and when one leaves. I'm using the UC for GW mod, which changes milkcows available and also ver 1.1 of GW so it looks like this:

GW ver 1.0
GW ver 1.1
UC for GW

When I first started using GW I got a ton of informative messages about other u-boats, milestones in the war and guidlines for u-boats to follow, like the ban on attacking passenger liners at the beginning of the war. Now I mostly get milkcow messages and the ocassional convoy message. I'm thinking that UC for GW overwrote the radio messages to provide radio messages for the new milkcow model but I'm not sure. Anyone else have this issue?

The radio messages drastically peter off after 1940...
U-Bones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailor Steve wrote:
Well, my big problem ........is Erminio Bagnasco's Submarines of World War Two, and it specifically mentions five torpedoes for the Type II.

I'm now in the laborious process of reloading my entire game/patch/mods in an effort to restore the previous, and to my mind correct, loadout.

Edit C:\Program Files\Sh3 Commander\Cfg\Basic changes.cfg and
add this section, or the second line to the section if it already exists.

[SUBMARINE0] ;Type II
ForeResIntern=2

It's the last time you will have to unmod that feature (which is from GW).
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonnage_Ace wrote:

GW ver 1.0
GW ver 1.1
UC for GW

IrishRed's Radiolog mod is only complete through December 1941 (I think). After that you only get the stock messages, and they are few. The 'Milk-Cow' messages are part of the mod, so you will also get those. We hope that someday IrishRr\ed will continue his wonderful work.
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U-Bones wrote:
Sailor Steve wrote:
Well, my big problem ........is Erminio Bagnasco's Submarines of World War Two, and it specifically mentions five torpedoes for the Type II.

Edit C:\Program Files\Sh3 Commander\Cfg\Basic changes.cfg and
add this section, or the second line to the section if it already exists.

[SUBMARINE0] ;Type II
ForeResIntern=2

It's the last time you will have to unmod that feature (which is from GW).

Thank you so much. I've been playing (and playing with) this sim for a year now and there's still so much I don't know.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: