Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

The Grey Wolves Supermod Update v1.1 UPDATE [MOD RELEASE]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kpt. Lehmann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: The Grey Wolves Supermod Update v1.1 UPDATE [MOD RELEASE] Reply with quote

http://rapidshare.de/files/18388148/The_Grey_Wolves_Update_v1.1.7z.html

Hotfix for AI U-boat overlay problem and missing SH3 map correction: http://rapidshare.de/files/18621296/GW_1.1_1024___Overlay_Fix.7z.html

TO EVERYONE..
IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) On your first patrol of a new career before leaving port... do not upgrade or change anything. (I think you can add a sub emblem... but do so at your own risk.)

2) On your following patrols do not upgrade your sub at the end of the patrol... wait until you are about to leave for the next one.
(In base at end of patrol=no upgrading
In base just prior to patrol start=ok go ahead and upgrade it.)

3) Also regarding ships in harbors all running straight towards the nearest ground, beaching, and burning etc.... THIS happens when you save your game within 50 km of a harbor... and is also a stock SH3 bug. (Another tip, you will take an FPS hit in harbor areas because there is a lot for your PC to track and render... USE LOW TC if you must use TC to leave the area.

4) If you do upgrade your sub at the wrong time or save a game before an enemy ship is actually sunk YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT FOR DESTROYING THEM!!!

5) Numbers 1-4 above we cannot fix... but you can change your actions to adapt to them, thereby nullifying them. Stock SH3 Save-game routines are simply screwed up and cannot be fixed otherwise. This is NOT a new bug introduced by the GW mod.
-----------------------------------------------------
The Grey Wolves Supermod is fully compatible with JSCones SH3 Commander program.
----------------------------------------------------
TO INSTALL The Grey Wolves Update version 1.1:
The GW mod files are in JGSME format however you can also paste it directly over a clean installation of Silent Hunter III. To do this just save the patch and decompress it into a personal document. Then go inside the patch files, copy the "data" folder and paste it over the data folder found just inside your Silent Hunter III directory.

Note: Do not install this update while on patrol.

You must roll back/disable ALL mods and GW optional mods with the exception of the GW version 1.0 Supermod prior to installing The Grey Wolves v1.1 Update.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes incorporated in The Grey Wolves Update 1.1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added Periscope TGA Hi-res fix by Mkubani and JonZ

Corrected Sub availability dates for 2nd and 7th Flotillas-JSCones

Re-worked player rank and medals requirements

Changed Player U-Boat weapon reload times: (Un-damaged weapon with full crew compartment efficiency)
88mm Deck Gun= 10 seconds per re-load
105mm Deck Gun=12 seconds per re-load
(Note the above changes were made to better reflect sustained fire rates of aimed direct-fire from a platform moving in three demensions at targets moving in three dimensions. Though higher rates of fire were certainly possible, such use would only be useful for area bombardment... not accurate fire.)
Also note... shell hits above waterline will hardly ever result in the sinking of targets larger than tug-boats.

Anti-Aircraft Weapon reload times: (Un-damaged weapon with full crew compartment efficiency)
All AA Weapon reload times= 5 seconds per barrel

Added further deck gun stability changes for more realistic gun movement and crew accuracy effects by Cdre Gibs

Increased Shell Power by approximately 33% for both the 105mm and 88mm deck guns

Reduced some terrain resolution and substituted terrain graphics from Kriller2's Terrain mod version 2.0- This should help with FPS in harbors and near land and in many cases actually looks BETTER than some of the high resolution versions I've seen.

Reinstated stock seafloor graphics for FPS improvement

Tanker IV Seafloor mod is now an optional mod... Note: if your system can handle it, this is an awesome little mod.

Corrected broken "Submarine blowing ballast" via the use of Ogg Vorbis speech file blending- Unknown modder

Added vonHelsching's Real Battery Life mod for GW- see the readme... wonderful mod!

Added -6 db Clock sound volume reduction- VodkaJello

Added slower DD propellor sound, Changes in DD speeds now discernable by hydrophone- Kpt. Lehmann

Added better underwater abient sound- NippelSpanner

Removed engine sound from bows of ships- Vapor Siaj by NippelSpanner

Reverted Creaks Level 2 sound to stock in effort to prevent looping sound.

Added Armed Trawler corrected damage model- Teddy Barr
Added "Blow Ballast" Ogg Vorbis speech files- DocAguirre (This was a bugged/broken sound in stock SH3. Now instead of silence you will hear the sound of your officer confirming your order to blow ballast followed by the sound of compressed air forcing out the ballast water.)
Clean Confirmation Window by Tikigod
Reduced all high resolution flag TGA sizes with intent to assist harbor/port framerates- Kpt. Lehmann
Added KptLt Erich Karl's Navimap datasheet mod
Fixed 1024 Cfg Leer TGA file failure- JCWolf
Added JCWolf's version of Manuel Ortega's Leer TGA file showing Sailor Steve's feet (LOL Sorry Steve I couldn't resist! ;O)
Added JonZ Improved Ship Recognition Book Mod
Added optional/partial Swastika remover mod
-------------------------------------------------------------
Notes by JonZ- to revamp and make the recognition manual even bigger.
------------------------------------------------------------
Recognition Manual, contains both Profile and Angle views on one page. Useful when Interface is
Disabled with (Number/ 10 Keypad ".") and positions can be swapped with the toggle button when Interface is enabled.
- Bigger arrows buttons on cover and closer to the title. That way you will still focus on the countries titles and
on the arrows at the same time without accidentaly click on the 'open' zones.
- Nationalities navy flags added on the titles for a faster recognition browsing.
- Datas information for ships including draft, length, mast, beam, and tonnage are now on top of the page.
The most important info such as tonnage and draft are kept on the top right corner.
- Scale bar now has scale numbers associated with the ship dimensions.
- Improved High Res Texture of the manual in general with assorted color shemes.
----------------------------------
Rubini's notes:
----------------------------------
Made some Roster folder Ship Cfg and date-based corrections
Defside file Panama entries corrected
Argentinian alignment changes to axis side after May 12, 1945 to allow the player to escape in the last days of the war. This is done by modifying the Defside entries for Argentina in the Defside file. I find it very cool and historically correct. Some U-boat captains did sail into Buenos Aires after Germany capitulated. All credit for this idea goes to Stiebler.
Made some Scripted Campaign Layer adjustments for stability to both the regular and no-friendly-minefields optional mod.
In the Sea folder I have added the Walrus/Arado for the correct ships and using renown.
I also added the English/GermanNames.cfg in the sea folder with the corrected "Ftboot=Flottenbegleiter" entry.
I also added the correct Map entries for the new maps zoom levels.
I also added the Bismarck deck skin with swastika in the texture folder.

Developing FAQ:
--------------------
McBeck wrote:
I will host too, but need an alternative download location. Little help!

I have encountered a problem uploading to Terrapin's site and have emailed him regarding the issue.
I have attempted to upload to FileFront to miror it for you there. but their file upload option is down.
If someone could mirror the 1.1 Update and the 1024/Map/Bearing Overlay fix temporarily somewhere other than FileFront for those who cannot access Rapidshare I would appreciate it much.

jaxa wrote:
I've got one question - does it mean that I can't upgrade my boat (like install KDB instead of GHG, change torpedos, add crewmen or sub emblem) at port before first patrol?
I did it always before using GW mod without any problems.

Another question - what about Fubar's crew skins? It had to be added, but there is no info about it in readme of Update 1.1.

If you upgrade your boat prior to your first patrol, you risk losing any/all tonnage and renown due to the STOCK SH3 SAVE-GAME BUGS. I can do nothing to fix that.

Further proof for you and an answer to another question:
ref wrote:
BigDuke66 wrote:
"On your first patrol of a new career before leaving port... do not upgrade or change anything"
WHY???
Should I go out naked and play with the wolfes?

That's a stock SH3 bug, If I remember right you loose all upgrades you've made.

BigDuke66 wrote:
One other thing.
The new smaller flags, do they really help with fps?
Throwing out the seafloor mod ok but those tiny flaggs now made even smaller really help with fps?

The flag size in the game remains equal, what's changed is the size of the textures.

Ref

Regarding Fubar's Crew Skins Mod, I will be adding them at some point in the future but there are some changes I need to make to them first.

mikaelanderlund wrote:
Hi Kpt Lehmann,

What do you think, can I use this uppdate togheter with the Hi-res mod? I have had problem with the JonZ Improved Ship Recognition Book Mod togheter with the Hi-res mod.

Mikael

I don't understand what HI RES mod you are speaking of.
Regarding JonZ Improved Recognition Manual Mod, all files are merged properly for user-friendliness. Whatever problems you had before should go away AS LONG AS you install the GW version 1.1 update via JGSME.

For those using JGSME... you MUST disable/roll back all un-related GW mods and all optional GW mods before enabling the GW 1.1 update.

Txema wrote:
Is it possible to install "JIRM for GW with Integrated Orders" over GW update v1.1 ?

I am asking it because I really like the integrated orders mod, and I want to enjoy it in Grey Wolves...
BTW, it would be great if you could include the Integrated Orders mod in the next GW update, at least as an optional mod. Please, consider it.
Txema

The Integrated Orders mod is one that I do intend to include as an optional mod at some point. I REALLY like the idea too. The problem is that there are several versions that have been "built for GW" without using IMPORTANT GW files... and thereby killing intended effects such as text contrast changes for the colorblind. If I can find one that has been built properly I will be happy to include it. It will not be default for players though because I don't want to make things any tougher to manage for new players as they come.

Dimitrius07 wrote:
I have a problem!!!
The convoi map is disapired after i install the GW 1.1 update :huh: i dont know why - i use a fresh install of silent hunter 3 - with 1.4b patch - i install everithing mannualy and all seems to be ok exept that problem :doh:

Please download and install the hotfix found on the first post into your JGSME mods folder.

U-Bones wrote:
If you are forced to eat some of every dish, ala carte becomes meaningless. If every mod gets pulled into default GW, then we simply end up with a different game that nobody is happy with and has to hack again. The more choices the better.
No offense, just my opinion.

U-bones is absolutely right. We cannot include everything. As you can see too, the more that is included, the more there is that can go wrong. With a mod collection this big there are bound to be problems... but we are going to fix them.

You also need to be aware that many of the problems that are being attributed to GW are stock game bugs that we cannot do anything aboiut. We've fixed a great deal of them, but we cannot fix things that are hard coded. (The save-game routines are totally screwed up for example. In the process of trying to educate gamers regarding them, people get the idea that it is the fault of the GW mod... WHICH IT IS NOT.)

JayW. wrote:
The better question is can we use HT 1.48?
Jay W.

To the best of my knowledge Rubini has not released HT 1.48 yet.
GW Includes a very advanced version of "Harbor Traffic" and contains essentially what Rubini intended to be included in HT 1.48.
Rubini now has real-life obligations that will seriously limit his involvment with modding. Therefore HT 1.48 may be quite a ways away.

Also, to address another of your posts. You must have GW 1.0 properly installed BEFORE installing the GW 1.1 update. The GW 1.1 update IS NOT a stand-alone mod.

Sheppard wrote:
I give Grey Wolves v1.1 a thumbs down
The overly excessive units near german-controlled ports. I'm all for adding a few units to provide a "lived in port", but it is FRUSTRATING, FRUSTRATING trying to sail out of them, and dropping from time compression each time some new "fluff" unit shows up, and the shear numbers of units drags down the time compression.

YOU have done something SERIOUSLY wrong with your version 1.1 update...
Either you tried to apply it as a stand-alone, are using other mods, have a corrupted install... but more likely have just installed it wrong. Read the readme on "how to install."
You can use SH3 commander to change your time compression settings when nearing ships, airplanes, land proximity, etc etc. I consider the harbor traffic to be essential to the immersion factor that GW offers and will not be removing it.

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann on Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:44 am; edited 6 times in total
Konovalov

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news for an excellent mod package. Thumbs Up

Pitty I'm at work and will have to wait 10 hours. Sad
Valentin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Kpt
Great job, as always !!!

:sunny:
McBeck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will host too, but need an alternative download location.

Little help!
Dowly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update! Thumbs Up
raymond6751

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Unbelievable Reply with quote

Thanks for all the work! Now, I hope you can enjoy some SH3 play for a break.

I can't imagine how you find time for all of this!
jimbob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawt!

Thanks.

Very Happy
Dimitrius07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kpt. Lehmann thanks man Thumbs Up greate job Very Happy

Quote:

Thanks for all the work! Now, I hope you can enjoy some SH3 play for a break.

I can't imagine how you find time for all of this!

I agree with raymond6751 Thumbs Up Ping
Karl-Heinz Jaeger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are friggin awesome!! Big thanx to ALL the modders who've made this excellent sim even better for everyone.

Cheers guys!! Rock Thumbs Up Rock
mkubani

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, outstanding and much appreciated support. Thank you. Can't wait to get home from work and try the new guns on the poor fishing boats. Yep Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dimitrius07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkubani you murder :dead: Joking Razz
jaxa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one question - does it mean that I can't upgrade my boat (like install KDB instead of GHG, change torpedos, add crewmen or sub emblem) at port before first patrol?
I did it always before using GW mod without any problems.

Another question - what about Fubar's crew skins? It had to be added, but there is no info about it in readme of Update 1.1.
mikaelanderlund

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kpt Lehmann,

What do you think, can I use this uppdate togheter with the Hi-res mod? I have had problem with the JonZ Improved Ship Recognition Book Mod togheter with the Hi-res mod.

Mikael
Txema

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to install "JIRM for GW with Integrated Orders" over GW update v1.1 ?

I am asking it because I really like the integrated orders mod, and I want to enjoy it in Grey Wolves...

BTW, it would be great if you could include the Integrated Orders mod in the next GW update, at least as an optional mod. Please, consider it.

Thanks for all these excellent work. GW has become an essential mod in my SH3 instalation. THANKS !!!!

Txema
Dimitrius07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem!!!

The convoi map is disapired after i install the GW 1.1 update :huh: i dont know why - i use a fresh install of silent hunter 3 - with 1.4b patch - i install everithing mannualy and all seems to be ok exept that problem :doh:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: