Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Thinking about SH3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeriscopeDepth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vois2 wrote:
@ PeriscopeDepth --

Sorry if I have misinterpreted your comment, but if you're completely brand new to the sim, I wouldn't go straight to GW1.0/NYGM/EUC just yet. I've been on these boards since before the game was launched, and this has been the recommendation we've given.

You probably have a lot of experience with sims.

Thanks,
vois2

I hope I'll be able to manage, if I can't I'll be impressed Smile. I used to play SHI with totally manual targeting, and mind you that old game didn't have a chart I could draw on. Had to do it all by paper and pencil. When I used to play DW I had the Ekelund ranging equation programmed into my scientific calculator. I always did learn best by jumping in the deep end.

I'll let you know when my new system comes, seeing as it shipped today I guess I'd better go grab a copy of SHIII. Smile

PD
blizzard_beast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to install SHIII, but I keep hearing horror stories about Starforce. Is there any kind of utility to remove SF, and still be able to reliably play SH?
PeriscopeDepth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blizzard_beast wrote:
I'm about to install SHIII, but I keep hearing horror stories about Starforce. Is there any kind of utility to remove SF, and still be able to reliably play SH?

As I understand it, SF installs the first time you run the game. So, install, patch, and find a "utility" that allows you to run without the disc.

PD
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: