Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Helo torpedo bugs? Jettison during recovery?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nattydread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Helo torpedo bugs? Jettison during recovery? Reply with quote

I was doing a single player FFG mission, I sent my helo to engage a sub on the link.

The Helo goes and drops two fish right on top of the contact while traveling in a south-westerly heading, the sub is heading south-esaterly. The fish heads toward the contact, then veers north for several miles. At first Im scared they are going to go after the friendly Ticon Cruiser that is several miles to the NNE of the sub contact. After several miles the fish turn a full 180 degrees Surprised and heads back after the sub contact...both fish hit the sub like a Twix bar(in hindsight I guess there was onlyone fish, and the other fish was a ghost fish on sensors). So im wondering if that was a bug.

Anyway, the sub contact dissappears after the loud explosion on its bearing(the after mission brief shows the kill). So I call the Helo back home(Im ENE of the sub's last contact), a few seconds after the helo heads back to my FFG, it drops another fish...at me!!!???! :hmm: , that sucks :down: but for some reason the fish die/dissapear, scuttles a short time afterward Rock but then a minute or so after that, the damn helo launches another fish, this one has the legs and has the lock, I take off at flank speed, deploy the nixie and hope for the best...the best aint workin' !! this thing has me dead to rights...I hit esc baffled. what was that all about?

Im new to the FFG, so maybe I messed up.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you may have entered a Torpedo Drop Waypoint in a few places in stead of a normal Fly-To waypoint.

In terms of the torpedoes, chances are you were just watching the lag of the link... did you confirm the behavior using show-truth on the replay?
nattydread

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I didnt cofirm it on replay, but the amount of time betwen torp drop and loud bang was a couple of minutes it seems. plus I had the ghost image of the fish linked from the Helo passed on info from my nearby bouys confirm the route taken by the fish. so I add the "show truth" of the weapon's "link" and the helo's link cofirming the route of the fish since the two sources placed seperate accounts of the one fish almost on top of each other.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: