Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Ubisoft Drops Starforce Copy protection!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sure there are plenty of ways of bypassing pretty much every form of security, real or virtual/program based. Its a question of how many people have access to the tools and know how to do it. In the case of software piracy, the pirate groups make it easy, they do all the work and provide to the general public the equivelant of keys to all the houses. All the typical user has to do is just follow the basic instructions such as burn this cd, use this cd key, copy this file from here to here. Thats the extent of it pretty much. Thats why its so wide spread as its easy to use, and thanks to the internet easy to access.

Obviously im talking very very generaly in all my posts in this thread and am avoiding any details for the specific reason that anyone browsing this forum who doesnt know how to get their hands on pirated material cant figure it out from my posts. Thats also why i used incorrect terms and am trying to avoid using key words.

My posts on this subject are only inteded to give those who arnt familiar with how piracy works a basic idea of how it does and why i dont think copy protection will ever truely work, with out giving away anything a reader could take and then use to pirate stuff themselves.

If any fellow subsim staff feel i have said too much on the subject, or that i am crossing any improper boundaries with the above posts of mine, ill happily retract, edit, etc. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: