Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

A favour from a tank n00b

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Tanksim.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oberon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: A favour from a tank n00b Reply with quote

Now, I know some basic details of tanks, such as shells come out of the big gun on the turret and the armour helps stop other shells coming in Wink
But, I'm not so good on the finer details which is what I need for a little story I'm writing.
Basically, what I'm asking is...does anyone have a good website on British Centurion Mark III tanks? Mainly I'm after the armament, what kind of shells they carried during the early 1950s...oh, and if there's a cutaway pic out there somewhere that would be REALLY helpful too. Thumbs Up
Also any information on Soviet and West German tanks of that time would be gratefully received.
Many thanks in advance.
badhat17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get down to Bovington museum then they have a Centurion which has been cut away to reveal the interior, some pictures of it on the net but few are very good . Best to see it in the flesh really.
Skybird

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to ask that question in the Steel Beast forum. I admit they have far more tankers and more activity over there than we do have here. See on top of the thread list "SBP ressources" and inside that the link for their general forum. Wink
Oberon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both Thumbs Up

I've just noticed that there's a tank museum up in Thetford which is within a ten pound journey for me, and it would seem that they have a Centurion up there...so although I might not be able to get a good look inside, I should certainly be able to get a feel for the gal Thumbs Up
Torplexed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how quickly you need the information but Osprey Publishing puts out a whole line of soft cover books with photos and illustrations on various AFVs. Here's the one for the Centurion...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/184176387X/ref=sib_dp_pt/104-6506853-5259145#reader-page
Oberon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torplexed, you are truely a god amongst men, that's just the sort of pic I was looking for!! Thumbs Up
I'll have to see if I can get my hands on that book.
Many thanks for that!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Tanksim.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: