Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Victory (for the Germans) Mod is posted
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbrow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vmodb - or Victory Mod version b - has a patch available at:
failed XXXXXXs/18290838/vmodbpatch1.zip.htmlXXXXX failed

sorry - when i tried to download the one above it failed

use this one instead, i tested it just now:
http://rapidshare.de/files/18291482/vmodbpatch1.zip.html

This patch fixes a few glitches that i discovered in vmodb. The glitches were as follows:

**A German convoy generator at Dover Harbor was set to make neutral American ships.
While this never created a problem it did look tacky.

**A u-boat supply ship was missing near British Columbia and has been replaced.

**Fast moving raiding-fleets have been made more visible as regards sighting-reports.
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work, Redbrow.

Also in the area I'm most interested in, and that is gameplay. A few hours (quite a few I may add from you) created endless hours of enjoyment of this excellent game.

In my first mission (just before the UK invasion) I left the Bay of Biscay and the RAF were all over me. I never saw that in the stock game. Superb!

BTW, the patch in your last post is deleted from rapidshare. Was it moved to your first post or what? I would suggest a simple way of versioning, just to avoid confusion.
andy_311

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't D/Load of rapidshare any mirror sites available?
Reece

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I don't think Redbrow would mind so I've uploaded the patched version b, I think it is the latest:

http://rapidshare.de/files/19238132/vmodb1.zip.html
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy_311 wrote:
Can't D/Load of rapidshare any mirror sites available?

Try this link:

http://multiterra.mooload.com/file.php?file=files/300406/1146405271/Victory_Mod_Update1.zip

I renamed the file for versioning purposes

Rapidshare works excellent for me. Very fast. Ont the other hand, filefront is very slow....I tried this for change www.mooload.com.

Tell me if you have any problems with this.
Reece

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonHelsching, do you know if mooload.com gets rid of the file after a short period like rapidshare does? that's the only annoying thing about Rapidshare, understandable though! Yep
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reece wrote:
VonHelsching, do you know if mooload.com gets rid of the file after a short period like rapidshare does? that's the only annoying thing about Rapidshare, understandable though! Yep

I think it does (15-20 days?). Check the site to be sure. I found this site on a blog, which listed all free file servers. I picked 3-4 out of pure chance and opened tabbed windows in firefox. The mooload.com happened to open first; i.e was the quickest for me.

here's the blog: http://www.jdempsey.com/2005/12/08/free-online-file-storagesending/

A lot of people are having problems with rapishare and I don't know why. It's always ultra fast for me. On the other hand filefront is very slow; sometimes not responding at all.

Anyway, I finished my first mission using the Victory mod and it's a blast. Renown for warships is high, so you actually end up helping your fleet invading the UK.

I saw a very nice scene in front of me, while I was hunting an Elco near Dover. A Type 34 DD came out of nowhere and started blasting the Elco. Absolutely amazing (I lost the renown, though).

When I finish 2-3 missions, I'll transfer to Loch Ewe or the Azores for some serious hunting.
Reece

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I agree with you on filefront, I generally have to refresh the page half dozen times to get anywhere! Mad
There's quite a selection at that 'Creative Guy' site, I'll mark the page and may select another upload site later! Thumbs Up
Cheers.

Edit: Currently trying Hyperupload, only 10mb limit but unlimited time, setup similar to Rapidshare.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: