Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SH IV and forward

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter IV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonibamestre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: SH IV and forward Reply with quote

Hi,

Its a very very good new the development of the upcoming SH IV,we all expect is going to be a great sim,even a lot better than SH III. We really hope it will introduce a lot of improvements.

But also would like to say,that I expect,and guess all naval simers will agree with me,that people from Ubisoft will continue this amazing work beyond SH IV. We would like to see a Silent Hunter on the cold war scenery,giving way to the 60 s 70s units,and why
not continue with its technology to nowadays.

I know its pretty soon to talk about this,but really hope Ubisoft team can have it into consideration for the next years. That would make us very happy.

Thanks a lot and good job.
JU_88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: SH IV and forward Reply with quote

tonibamestre wrote:
That would make us very happy.

You mean it would make YOU happy, or do have multiple personalities? Joking Very Happy
Godalmighty83

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the silent hunter devs have a problem that they are stuck in ww2, unless they leave the world of fact behind and construct a fictional scenario i doubt we will see any cold war based silent hunter.

a realistic cold war mission - 'patrol sector x, dont be seen and dont do anything. at all. in fact just sit at the bottom of the sea for a few weeks then come back'
Sulikate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godalmighty83 wrote:
the silent hunter devs have a problem that they are stuck in ww2, unless they leave the world of fact behind and construct a fictional scenario i doubt we will see any cold war based silent hunter.

a realistic cold war mission - 'patrol sector x, dont be seen and dont do anything. at all. in fact just sit at the bottom of the sea for a few weeks then come back'

I agree. But I really like Cold War subs, they're fascinating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after SH IV, it would be interesting to go back some years, in WW I. :sunny:
STEED

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonHelsching wrote:
Well, after SH IV, it would be interesting to go back some years, in WW I. :sunny:

Yes now that sounds like an interesting idea, :hmm:
Sheppard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think the Cold War could actually be realistic; Do the 1950s; you had basically World War II fleet boats upgraded to GUPPY level, and new tear-drop shaped diesel SSKs, along with the very first nuclear submarine; the technology wasn't dramatically different from World War II.
tonibamestre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continue thinking that a cold war based SH and beyond would be a great idea,mostly to play online and being able to create own fleets and patrols,just the way you do with Ivap on FS.If to this,the future game could be able to add more controllable units from different Navies and classes,imagine the naval world we could create.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter IV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: