Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

info su sonar siluri

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schaitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: info su sonar siluri Reply with quote

Salve, sono ancora alle prese con 688(I) Hunter/Killer! Volevo chiedere due cose.
-Nel manuale Blue Book ho letto che il cono di acquisizione di un siluro è tridimensionale. Ha un diametro orizzontale di circa 5.000 yards. Vorrei sapere la misura di quello verticale. Quanti piedi in verticale copre?
- Mettiamo che lancio un siluro in modalità passiva a corsa lenta(35 nodi). Quando il siluro acquisisce il bersaglio aumenta automaticamente la sua velocità fino alla massima oppure resta alla velocità pre-programmata? E ancora: passa in modalità attiva o resta passivo?

Vi ringrazio per la pazienza e per le risposte!!!

Salve e...buona caccia! Schaitan
goldorak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I will answer your questions directly in english because most forumers don't understand nor read italian.
In any case speaking of acquisition cones, a cone has a circular section that means that the horizontal and vertical diameters coincide.

No, the speed of the torpedo is fixed at launch time. If you fire a passive torpedo at 35 knots and it acquires a target it will continue at the same speed and will not accelerate.
The torpedo doesn't automatically change passive and active modes.

Good hunting Neutral\

Ps: stop playing 688i h/k and buy Dangerous Waters Yep
Kapitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of a translation?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
goldorak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapitan wrote:
Any chance of a translation?

Come on kapitan, you can surely guess what the questions where from the answers I gave him.

In any case he asked wether once launched a torpedo in passive mode at 35 knots, the torpedo would accelerate once acquired its target, and once acquired its target whether it would change automatically from passive mode to active mode.

The other question regarded an issue in the blue book regarding the term acquistion cone. He was asking what was the vertical aquisition diameter.
Since a cone has circular section, the horizonatal aquisition distance = vertical acquisition distance.

Last but not least, these questions were asked for the game 688i h/k.
Schaitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciò vuol dire che un siluro attivo può pingare un target da una profondità 0, per esempio, ad una profondità di 5000 yards( più di 15.ooo piedi)? Che senso ha se il settaggio della profondità massima di operatività non va oltre i 3000 piedi?
Nel Blue Book si afferma il contrario riguardo la seconda questione. Un siluro a lenta corsa, una volta acquisito un bersaglio, accelera fino alla velocità massima. Sto leggendo manuali diversi e alcuni si contraddicono e comunque credo che questi questioni esulino riguardino cognizioni valide per tutte le sim sottomarine e navali in genere. Non so a chi credere!!Comunque ti ringrazio! Buona caccia!!
goldorak wrote:
Hi, I will answer your questions directly in english because most forumers don't understand nor read italian.
In any case speaking of acquisition cones, a cone has a circular section that means that the horizontal and vertical diameters coincide.

No, the speed of the torpedo is fixed at launch time. If you fire a passive torpedo at 35 knots and it acquires a target it will continue at the same speed and will not accelerate.
The torpedo doesn't automatically change passive and active modes.

Good hunting Neutral\

Ps: stop playing 688i h/k and buy Dangerous Waters Yep
Kurushio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll translate what he said. I'm a bit "multilingual"...shall we say. Though someone else must answer because my sub skills aren't that good. Thumbs Up

"So does it mean that an actively homing torpedo can ping a target from a depth of 0, for example, to 5,000 yards (more then 15,000 feet)? What's the point if the torpedo has a maximum operating depth of not more then 3,000 feet?
In the Blue Book the contrary is written regarding the second question. A torpedo set at a low speed, once acquired a target, will accelerate to it's maximum velocity. I'm reading different manuals and some of them are contradictory and anyway I believe these questions are relevant for all sub and naval sims in general. I don't know who to believe!! Anyway, I thank you. Good hunting."

Now if someone would like to answer him...cos I have no clue. :doh:
donw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...With the 688I game I played for several years...I would have to disagree...
If a speed on either fish (active or passive) was set at anything less than 55 knots...it would remain at that speed untill a target was aquired, THEN accelerate to 55kts...and stay there
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salve! (Latin)

I am currently a team member on a mod team... the next version of the mod will have this kind of behavior for torpedoes, as well as many other improvements.

In the mean time, you may enjoy LWAMI 3.02 (link on the bottom of my signature)! Thumbs Up

Cheers,
David
Hatch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuftWolf wrote:
Salve! (Latin)

I am currently a team member on a mod team... the next version of the mod will have this kind of behavior for torpedoes, as well as many other improvements.

In the mean time, you may enjoy LWAMI 3.02 (link on the bottom of my signature)! Thumbs Up

Cheers,
David

AAAHH Wolfie, you're always the salesman, try that tactic with wingtipped shoes, it would be, shall we say fitting? Rotfl
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me for trying to advance my hobby... [ deleted ].

Cheers,
David
Schaitan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A torpedoes , and also a mine, can be a efficient reflector for active sonar searching? It can help for spooke an incoming torpedoes ?
It can became an valid countermeasure?

Tanks, and...good hunting Schaitan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: