Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

looking for MMO suggestions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squires

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: looking for MMO suggestions Reply with quote

I started new job a few months ago and lot of people around me play WoW. All the talk about it is making me think about getting into an MMO. I never played any of them and am looking for opinions as to what is good.

Ones I am considering:
Star wars Galaxies: I am a Star Wars fan, but heard the game is kind of arcadish.

RF Online: A newer one, does not seem too popular(I have not heard a lot of hype about it) but catches my interest. A fantasy/technology mix(think Final Fantasy).

WW2 Online Battleground Europe: Not supposed to release until the summer, but looks like it may have some depth. I'm mixed on this one, paying a monthly fee just for an ongoing FPS does not seem worth it. I'll just play Call of duty

WoW: I'm not a huge fan of this, only reason to play it is because everyone else is.

Other?

Any thoughts?
SmokinTep

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Eve is real popular right now, but is 14.95 a month.
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt touch SWG if i were you, that game is going down the tubes and sony has a realy bad track record as of late. The nge is crappy, buggy and poorly thought out. (and yes this is the game that made me bitter and suspicious of every other mmo development team). Dig around the net if you want details, its all over the place.

RF online i never played but its revews have been pretty lousy overall.

WW2 Online Battleground Europe seems to be the old one i played 5 years ago, but repackaged and renamed and with a new patch. Bluntly the developers sucked for that one. They took forever to impliment anything. Plus tended to favor the allies and tended to bend towards exessive whining. Also the game engine is exactly the same as it was 5 years ago and looks it. Not to mention several features they promised at release 5 years ago are to my knowledge still not in game (like submarine wolfpacks and navy vessles).

I for one cant stand wow, its just a massive grind/time sink, nothing more.

DDO (dungeons and dragons online) looked interested in the start, but as a subscriber to that one im getting nervous about the direction the devs are taking it (plus in this game you can only do one thing, quest).

Eve is pretty much a love hate thing, either you love it, or like me you hate it, i hated it because i basicly spent my time watching the game play itself, ie too hands off for my tastes.

Honestly for me MMO's right at this point are pretty much a barren wasteland. Most currently out there are of the same rehashed formula with little varriation or anything new or unique.

Games on the horrizon im keeping an eye out on.

Huxley, looks like it could be a pretty good persistant futuristic fps game.

Star Trek Online, this one is still probably at least 2 years away from release, but the premise sounds very cool, we shall see if they can pull it off however. If they do it should be one of those revolitionary games that completly changes the view of what an MMO can be.
philbill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Why not try Navyfield?
Its a great game and is free up to lvl 30
Regards
Phil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: