Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

European version of DW : Portsmouth meeting wtih Blackbean
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axlwolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they have translated only the in-game text....
I would REALLY hate to hear a screwed speech translation Mad
Linton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did Jeff Tall (director of the RNSM) make of DW?I have often thought about asking him to come up with a few mission scenarios!
OneShot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDR Tall was pretty enthusiastic about the game.
Jeff Tall wrote:
… this is the exact same stuff we did during the Cold war
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Linton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One shot where did you get the post for Cmdr Tall from as I couldn't see it above?Were any regular european subsim posters invited?I would like to have gone and seen the launch.I already have DW but my old laptop struggles with it so I still play SC a lot.Plus you cannot drive a t-boat in DW!
OneShot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not a post from him, thats an actual quote ... As for attending the event, I think Black Bean only invited representatives of the press (or parts of it) and some selected websites, Mille-Sabord and SimHQ being one of them. I was attending for SimHQ.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bellman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Global warming is apparently proceeding at an exceptionaly fast pace as MSgalileo claims:
Quote:
....la petite ile de Hampshire

The latter is a mainland county - but then our Portsmouth beers can catch-out the unwary. Wink

''I could not tread these perilous paths in safety, if I did not keep a saving sense of humour.'' Lord Nelson.
MSgalileo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know for me all land West of the Chanel are Terra Incognita Very Happy
(for your information I just translated the article from LeReodutable because he hadn't time to do it himself, I didn't go to the meeting)
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneShot wrote:
Thats not a post from him, thats an actual quote ... As for attending the event, I think Black Bean only invited representatives of the press (or parts of it) and some selected websites, Mille-Sabord and SimHQ being one of them. I was attending for SimHQ.

Roger, that. I was asked to attend by my real-life schedule prevented me from going Damn
Jamie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuftWolf wrote:
Why does Jamie look exactly the way I thought he would... in fact, when I saw the picture, I tried my damnest to figure out where I had seen him before, and decided I hadn't, just my image of him was spot on... ok then.

Oneshot was generous, because he took a bunch of pics with my eyes closed, mouth open, etc - he had to search pretty hard to find one that was servicable... (the 6-hour time difference really knocked me on my arse, I was exhausted).

Here is a picture of me from a few years ago when I'm not TOTALLY exhausted (the only other pic on the 'net as far as I know... and we should all be thankful for THAT!) Wink
Jamie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornwallis wrote:
One shot where did you get the post for Cmdr Tall from as I couldn't see it above?Were any regular european subsim posters invited?I would like to have gone and seen the launch.I already have DW but my old laptop struggles with it so I still play SC a lot.Plus you cannot drive a t-boat in DW!

Cmdr. Tall was quite impressed with the scope of the game and actually got me in contact with some of the folks at the RN NWC, so that could bode well.

Neal has a link to Cmdr. Tall's promo video in the article/inteview that LeReodutable posted.

Last edited by Jamie on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie wrote:
Cornwallis wrote:

Cmdr. Tall was quite impressed with the scope of the game and actually got me in contact with some of the folks at the RN NWC, so that could bode well.

Neal has a link to Cmdr. Tall's promo video in the article/inteview that LeReodutable posted.

The video can also be downloaded at my site Cool
Linton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bill for the info.Cmdr Tall was known as thumper in the navy because he tapped his toes when the boat was at action station torpedo

Last edited by Linton on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie, I didn't know you were hired at SCS as a game developer specificially... I figured that Sonalysts pulled people from its other departments to form the SCS (and the earlier incarnations) staff.

That's cool that Sonalysts brought people into the company specifically to make games... you guys must have some forward thinking executive staff members. Rock
Nova5lag

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: VIDEO, PICS and everything else about Gosport Reply with quote

Just saw this up on the Dangerous Waters forum... pics and vids... cool... oooh and subsim gets a mention too! Thumbs Up Rock

Hi!

We are proud to announce that the official presentation of Dangerous Waters to European journalist’s that took place at Gosport has been a big success!

First of all I would like to thank Jamie (from Sonalyst) and Commander Tall (curator of the Royal Navy Submarine Museum): thank for all your efforts!

Here are some articles from about the event:

From subsim.com:
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=50696

From mille-sabords:
http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11135 (in French)

Following some pics of the event…
http://www.dw.blackbeangames.com/images/foto/1.jpg
http://www.dw.blackbeangames.com/images/foto/2.jpg
http://www.dw.blackbeangames.com/images/foto/3.jpg
http://www.dw.blackbeangames.com/images/foto/4.jpg
http://www.dw.blackbeangames.com/images/foto/5.jpg
http://www.dw.blackbeangames.com/images/foto/6.jpg
http://www.dw.blackbeangames.com/images/foto/7.jpg
http://www.dw.blackbeangames.com/images/foto/2.jpg

and for everyone mad about submarine and navy life…

life on a submarine: UNDER ATTACK – DEEP CHARGE!!!
ftp://ftp3.videogame.it/dw/100_0274.mov
Phullbrick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Nichols wrote:
OneShot wrote:

Roger, that. I was asked to attend by my real-life schedule prevented me from going Damn

same for me and I'm still eating my fingers with mayonnaise because I couldn't find enough time to take TGV from Paris to Big Island Wink ! Damn Damn
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: