Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Ive been along time, Im looking for multiplayer info

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nattydread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Ive been along time, Im looking for multiplayer info Reply with quote

I'd like to get into multiplayer matches, its the reason I fell in love with DW in the first place.

I was turned off big time from the lack of an easy multiplayer interface, I was really hoping for an intergrated interface. Anyway, I have a bit more time on my hands so I figured I'd give it another try.

Im looking for the latest info on getting involved in multiplayer matches.

Im still hoping and praying for something semi-persistent world like, with interlocking/complimentray missions for oppossing sides, but I can live with the standard battle-in-a-bottle match too.

I just re-formatted and Im on the fence for re-installing DW.
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet for MP matches would be to join an online fleet like GNSF http://www.globalnavalstrikeforce.com, the Seawolves, or the USVN.

In the general community, there's always hyperlobby http://hyperfighter.sk/ and gamespy (which I hear is doing pretty well lately).

DW doesn't really support multiplayer campaigns directly, BUT if someone is willing to put in the time and effort to create online campaigns, it can be done. I've been testing one such effort with the help of the CADC and Seawolves/GNSF. Depending on the response I get in the GNSF, I might implement a quarterly or semi-annual war campaign between the task forces there. It's too early to promise anything in that regard, though.
OKO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the main problem is you couldn't save a MP game.
And as you could only join at mission start ... this kill possibilities for the potential persistent campaign nattydread ask for.

I started an online campaign, one year ago, with a human only NATO side.
But this is a huge amount of work at each new mission, for only 1 to 3 hours of game.
Once the mission is played, you need to build the new one.
I stopped after 2 missions, and 20 hours of work.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am up and ready to play if you so wish.

K157 Tigr ready for sea any time Neutral\
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fandango

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKO wrote:
Yes, the main problem is you couldn't save a MP game.
And as you could only join at mission start ... this kill possibilities for the potential persistent campaign nattydread ask for

But the developing of the game in terms of giving the chance to hosting a "permanent" online virtual world where people could join and leave at will should be considered by SCS. A dinamic campaign with AI generated missions or missions created by humans with a general task. Difficult to think of it now but who knows...probably somebody has a smart idea for that. Falcon AF has it... Smile
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps one day (say, in a couple years or so? Cool ) , my neutralsgenerator project, or probably rather a spinoff, can be used for such a purpose... I wouldn't count on it though. Or wait for it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: