Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Corrupted cookies.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anachronous

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Corrupted cookies. Reply with quote

For subsim and it seems subsim only, I have a problem where I need to delete my cookies or I cant log in.

I will get the default skin and be asked for my login info, but if I put it in, i get returned back to the login info screen constantly. Doing a CTRL refresh doesnt help and reloading into a new pages doesnt either.

The only way to fix it, is to delete the two subsim cookies and then reload the browser.

I am not currently having this problem on other PHPBB sites and this is the first Ive ever noticed something like this.

Any advice?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes that happens. Keep the "Log me on automatically each visit" box checked.

Make sure you are using IE6 or IE7 beta, not AOL browser. phpBB uses sessions to keep track of users as they browse the board. These sessions use a combination of a unique session id and the users IP to identify each user. Unfortunately this only works when the users IP is constant as they browse the board. For most users this will be the case. However certain providers route their users via a cluster of proxys. In some cases, particularly AOL this results in different IPs being forwarded as the user moves between pages. We take account of this by not checking the entire IP but only the first "three quads". Again in most cases this will be fine. However again AOL uses IPs which can vary so much that checking only the first two quads results in a fairly static IP being available for session validation.
Anachronous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation. Nooooooooo AOL here. Smile

Seems there is not much I can do about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just happend to me. I use IE6 and I do not use AOL. I delited the cookies and I can log in again, although alot of the emoticons are now now showing up unless I click the "view more" link.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: