Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Seawolf SSN-21 Campaign

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire_Spy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Seawolf SSN-21 Campaign Reply with quote

I had been thinking about trying to redo the old Seawolf SSN-21 missions and the other day actually started it.

The first mission has you trying to track and classify 2 typhoons travelling along beneath a small Russian taskforce consisting of 2 Sovs, 1 CVG and the Kirov . So I build the mission and at first had the seawolf starting to far away (it took nearly 2 hours just to detect and track two of the ships in the TF) so after moving it closer (about 23Nm away instead of the 40 or so it was originally) I set 2 triggers.

The first goes off when you detect both SSBN's and are within 5nm of them both. This displays a message telling you that you have started tracking both SSBN's(I did this using doctrine).

The second one (also using doctrine) waits for 15 mins (900secs) and then checks whether you still have contact and if so plays the elf.wav and bingo you've done it.

But it didn't work. The first trigger fired but the second didnt.

The second went something like :

if timesincetriggerfired == 900 secs and is detectionheldnow ssbn13 and isdetectionheldnow ssbn208 then triggerfired.

I have changed it to wait until time is greater than 900 secs and it just checks if ownship detects both ssbn's.

Is there an easier way to do this?

I thought of using duration set to 15 mins but I was certain it would work. I also tried to find another mission which required ownship to track something for a certain time but couldnt find one(i have a whole bunch of scenarios I d/l'd from subguru Rock ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced
Miska

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use == marks on trigger it doesn't work. Try instead timesincetriggerfired > 900
awood6535

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved those missions miss old ssn-21 game Work away please Are you going to make all of them ?
Fire_Spy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try to.

It may take a while I have done the first five and I am going to test them first. I dont want to rush it .

Also some of the missions can't be done where the original game had them , for example the 4th mission (backyard boomers) had you taking on 3 SSBN's and a SSN in Chesapeake Bay. But in this game CB is very shallow (averages about 45-50 feet) . so I moved the location to just off the Eastern United States seaboard.

Then there is the fact that it is harder to track and identify contacts in this game (compared to the old Seawolf game) I need to tone down some things . Like the first and third mission, In the original game they were easier missions to ease you into the game so I have fixed these missions so they are slightly easier.

As I said this is going to take me a while. But I am enjoying it. I am also hoping that my mission building gets better as I go so by the time I get to the end I can go back make the 1st couple even better. Neutral\

edit: oh and thanks for the tip about == not working.. Rock
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very promising. Good luck, and feel free to send me your files if you want help.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: