Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Spec Ops??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmosub

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Spec Ops?? Reply with quote

The manual mention that "[]...The DSRV is a mini submarine used to rescue crewmen from downed submarines...[]" and "[]...The DSRV is only available if the mission creator added it to the mission...[]" at pag. 126.
The Editor manual also mention that "[]...When using an Approach Trigger to pick up pilots and Special Forces you must use this option to remove the pilot of Special Forces object from the map once the trigger is triggered...[]" at pag. 52.

Now, how can you set a mission to:
  1. engage a target with Special Forces
    (Special Forces must be
    a) deployed
    b) destroy the target and
    c) retrived)
  2. rescue crewmen from downed submarines with DSRV
    (DSRV must be
    a) deployed
    b) rescue crewmen and
    c) retrived)
  3. rescue downed pilot with DSRV
    (DSRV must be
    a) deployed
    b) rescue downed pilot and
    c) retrived)
Any idea?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Miska

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you launch SOF from submarine they automatically go and destroy designated target. When you want pick them up select options then select create dynamic group then give name to your group (for example SOF) then put probability to 0 and minimum 1 and maximum 1. Then create inflatable rubber craft put it where you want it appear select tactic etc etc. Now select options and then select edit dynamic group now you must move inflatable rubber craft from available objects box to selected object box. Then make trigger when you want your special operatives to appear for example if platform damage more than 99% then trigger fired and another trigger time since trigger fired 2700 sec.
On the last page on trigger select action: create objects and then select SOF. now your special operatives are coming back but they won't get onboard if you dont put attached trigger to them. put attached trigger and make it approach then if you want sub to pick them up put your sub to object to complete trigger. Then make script remove platform: inflatable rubber craft and on last page on trigger put action run script and select that script which you just made. And i almost forgot to tell that you must define trigger radius on the third page on trigger this is how close your SOF must get your sub before they are picked up. These instructions might be little confusing but it's 5am here now and i just get home from work and by the way that DSRV doesn't work.
cosmosub

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all: THANK YOU for answering! Thumbs Up
I start wondering my questions are too difficoult ... :hmm: ... sometimes it's so hard to get an answer Damn
I'll test your suggestions and I will be glad to post here the results: hope this will help somebody else ... Neutral\
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: