Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Grey Wolves Errata Report Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilentOtto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW here's a screenie I took of the event:

Kpt. Lehmann

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilentOtto,

Please see my recent posts in the Mods workshop on the official GW sticky thread.
SilentOtto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi boss!
I'll try to pass on my info though i'm suffering from a more-than-usually-long-stop at the local bar so my keyboard seems to be a little wiggly...
I'm not sure which posts you're pointing me to, maybe the one about crew not reacting to sightings (non-viewevable fog?) or the new corrections you announce...
Anyways as I said the thing is fixed, my first GW install must had been somewhat tainted since I didnt see the loading screen changed...
So just to comment and do some marketing:
-Did I say that I'm fond of this mod?
-I've sank quite a few things, and have learned to enjoy doubt and realistic sea war situations.
-I can say I'm a skilled subsim player (+20yrs exp lol) and sh3 with your mod is the FIRST time for me, that playing a subsim I know well, I dont get ridiculously big tonnages, so maybe I am playing closer and closer to the real thing! (And btw surely this is the feeling I had been searching for so long!)
-This is personal, but I am enjoying my first non-WO career with GW mod, since now it makes more sense for me trying to be realistic, make my calculations and watch how a simulated ship receives (hopefully!) some hits, and physically reacts to them while I hang around, not knowing what will happen... my personal exp is these days really near of what I have read many times in experiences told by the people who were really there.

...and I tell ya, I was almost put back by so many topics about "GW is so damn hard, I sink nothing..." well I tell you all (as we say in spain) "sweet water sailors"... I had quit from playing shiii only because I was bored, in a few months it was for me such an easy and predictable routine, that I could no longer call it gaming, such as i dont call minesweeper "gaming".
(btw fancy a minesweeper taking 2 min to load and then "initializing..." Wink
("not so long ago..." thanks for all the detail and care in this mod!) This mod has made, for me, the one sim I had craved for enjoyable again.

Well I'll finish my chronicle-bug report-rant noting the _big_ raise in fps I've noticed (30-50%, from some 10-12 in "tricky" situations, to 20-30 in worst cases...), while getting the impression of much more detailed graphics, sound, and overall exp.

So now, well I am deeply lost in this sincere and slightly drunken post, must now say goodbye, not without remembering y'all that deck gun works, it just takes its time, and my personal comment is that I learned to, and started using salvo shots with this damned mod. (Remember, I'm SilentOtto, one ship one torp, but for the first time in years it's harder and more fun!)

g'night all and sry for the speech!
Kpt. Lehmann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it Otto!

Cheerzsh!

Sad)1:
marv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can't play with GW mod. This mod makes CTD so often, that playing longer than few minutes is impossible .
What can i do about it? I have ATI Radeon 128MB card, Athlon 1.7GB, 2GB RAM and Windows XP.
Never had any problems with other mods.
BTW I have also GW update 1.1
CRM114

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted this over in the Workshop forum, but it probably makes more sense here:

For whatever reason, going to the attack periscope caused the game to produce a horrible, awful mind-shattering screech (and I was wearing headphones) that would not go away, no matter what I did. I saved and reloaded, and the screech went away. All was well - until I tried to use the attack periscope again.

Can anyone recommend a fix here? I looked in the "sound" folder in my SH3 directory, and couldn't find anything that would obviously be the attack periscope sounds. I really would like to do a full campaign with the GW mod and preserve my hearing and sanity, if possible.

Thanks in advance, all!

***EDIT***

After reading through some forum threads regarding sound problems, I fixed mine by deleting creak_level2 from my sound folder.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: