Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

The Grey Wolves Supermod (official thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this will help Rolling Eyes . This is an error signature after CTD.

AppName: sh3.exe AppVer: 1.4.0.1 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 694400a2
Konovalov

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: My first ever problem with GW after installing 1.1 update Reply with quote

This has been a great mod. Having realised that there was a 1.1 update I installed it as per the readme instructions. I installed the 1.1 update over my existing SHIII install/1.4 patch and the GW mod v1.0 I did the following:

1. I rolled back SH3 Commander.
2. I installed the GW 1.1 update via JSGME utility.

When I went into the game and started a new career when I went to the map view or the TDC view I was confronted by the following big black square over my sub icon when zoomed in to a level where each little box represents 250m. When I zomed out to 500m per box or larger it would not show up. There was also another big blue box which seemed to be over either a ship or sub in my port at the time. Only when I could not view my own port (out of range), could I then zoom in on Kiel as per normal and see the port in close detail without the blue box. How can I correct these graphical errors? I have attached a screenshot that I took when I encountered this problem. Also after discovering this graphical prob I installed the hotfix and this has not resolved the problem. Any suggestions or advise would be most appreciated otherwise I will have to rollback to GW 1.0 release?

CRM114

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with the unstoppable screeching continues, even after removing creak_level2 from my sound file.

I was two weeks into a patrol when I surfaced in the middle of a convoy after firing off my torps submerged. After I deck-gunned a crippled medium tanker to the bottom, the search lights spotted me, and I crash dived. I don't remember what exactly it was that I was doing, but the screeching started again.

I figured that I'd just mute the computer's sound and finish the patrol deaf. I escaped the destroyers unharmed, and stumbled upon another, better protected convoy just off of Brittany. This one gave me more trouble - my boat started incurring damage as I tried to escape - but my sonarman reported that the nearest destroyer was something like 1km away, and i was more than 100m down. I shrugged it off, made my escape eventually and limped into port. Some systems were damaged, but hull integrity was at 99%.

When I was literally less than 10 game minutes away from my subpen, well within the confines of my friendly port, my boat started taking damage again, this time catostrophically. The forward areas (but somehow aft of the torp room (?) ) took serious damage and started flooding. Despite the efforts of my damage control team, my u-boat went down with all hands, within sight of our subpen.

I used the external camera to take a quick look around after we unexpectedly started taking damage- we didn't run aground, or into any other ships or any part of the harbor. There were no enemy vessels to be seen anywhere.

So now I have a mystery sinking AND the horrific screeching on my bug list. Any help, anyone?
CRM114

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With reference to my problem, I should mention that I have a clean install of SH3, + 1.4 patch, +GW 1.0 +GW 1.1 update and JGSME, and nothing else.
Kpt. Lehmann

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

I'm sorry I haven't been back through to answer some questions... I am rather ill AGAIN!!! Damn Damn Damn

If I could have a couple days to get back with you I'd really appreciate it.

cheers
CRM114

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kpt. Lehmann wrote:
Gentlemen,

I'm sorry I haven't been back through to answer some questions... I am rather ill AGAIN!!! Damn Damn Damn

If I could have a couple days to get back with you I'd really appreciate it.

cheers

Hey, man; no one's paying you a nickel to do this. Thanks for your time, and get back to me when you can.
Vermin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRM114 wrote:
My problem with the unstoppable screeching continues, even after removing creak_level2 from my sound file.

I was two weeks into a patrol when I surfaced in the middle of a convoy after firing off my torps submerged. After I deck-gunned a crippled medium tanker to the bottom, the search lights spotted me, and I crash dived. I don't remember what exactly it was that I was doing, but the screeching started again.

I figured that I'd just mute the computer's sound and finish the patrol deaf. I escaped the destroyers unharmed, and stumbled upon another, better protected convoy just off of Brittany. This one gave me more trouble - my boat started incurring damage as I tried to escape - but my sonarman reported that the nearest destroyer was something like 1km away, and i was more than 100m down. I shrugged it off, made my escape eventually and limped into port. Some systems were damaged, but hull integrity was at 99%.

When I was literally less than 10 game minutes away from my subpen, well within the confines of my friendly port, my boat started taking damage again, this time catostrophically. The forward areas (but somehow aft of the torp room (?) ) took serious damage and started flooding. Despite the efforts of my damage control team, my u-boat went down with all hands, within sight of our subpen.

I used the external camera to take a quick look around after we unexpectedly started taking damage- we didn't run aground, or into any other ships or any part of the harbor. There were no enemy vessels to be seen anywhere.

So now I have a mystery sinking AND the horrific screeching on my bug list. Any help, anyone?

The sudden catastrophic damage to the boat approaching harbour is probably a mine - the density of the field is quite low so there may not have been others in view when you checked.

As for the screeching - no idea - maybe sound card related.

Next time follow the Flottenything out of port and mark your course on the map so you know the safe way in.

Best of luck

Vermin
wheelerxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: CTD in FLAK training Reply with quote

Every time I run the Flak artillery excersize, I get a CTD when I have fired a few rounds (Not sure if I obtain any hits). Have seen the same problem once in the convoy training. The error message says something about an error related to "SH3_collision . . ." (If that helps anybody Wink). My installation: SH3, patch, GW1.0, GW1.1 update, GW1.1 overlay fix. What is wrong?

Edit: Problem solved - Corrupted download or extraction of GW1.1 update. A new DL works fine. Great mod!

Last edited by wheelerxx on Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Georg_Unterberg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ CRM 114

regarding screeching sound. I experience this too, it only happens rarely - I wasn't able to track this down, but I suggest that they are soundcard related, because the screeching continues after exiting SH3. (it sounds like high pitch radio frequency noise).
The only solution for me is to reboot the computer. A nuisance, but I can live with it - it is only a minor disturbance, it happens very rarely - mostly not at all in a patrol.

can't help further here, sorry.
ref

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: My first ever problem with GW after installing 1.1 updat Reply with quote

Konovalov wrote:
This has been a great mod. Having realised that there was a 1.1 update I installed it as per the readme instructions. I installed the 1.1 update over my existing SHIII install/1.4 patch and the GW mod v1.0 I did the following:

1. I rolled back SH3 Commander.
2. I installed the GW 1.1 update via JSGME utility.

When I went into the game and started a new career when I went to the map view or the TDC view I was confronted by the following big black square over my sub icon when zoomed in to a level where each little box represents 250m. When I zomed out to 500m per box or larger it would not show up. There was also another big blue box which seemed to be over either a ship or sub in my port at the time. Only when I could not view my own port (out of range), could I then zoom in on Kiel as per normal and see the port in close detail without the blue box. How can I correct these graphical errors? I have attached a screenshot that I took when I encountered this problem. Also after discovering this graphical prob I installed the hotfix and this has not resolved the problem. Any suggestions or advise would be most appreciated otherwise I will have to rollback to GW 1.0 release?

It appears that the NSS_UboatXX_shp.tga has no alpha channel
can you zip and upload the one corresponding to the sub you're using to check it out?, they are located in the \data\Submarine\NSS_UboatXXXX folder.

Ref
ref

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vermin wrote:

That's the more plausible explanation to your problem, SH3 is very demanding on the sound, if you're using the mobo sound card, it uses cpu cicles to play the sounds, the best advise to you, (not only for SH3) is to buy a sound card,not really a big investment.
I've recently bought an Audigy card, and my fps improved by 20%. Just be sure the sound card you buy has incorporated a sound procesor.

Ref
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Allied Planes? Reply with quote

Vermin wrote:
Did I say this is an awesome mod?

Thanks to everyone who helped put it together Thumbs Up

I did not see a single allied plane on my last three patrols -September to December 1942. (what's this - a U-boat captain comlaining about a lack of planes - back to the sanatorium!)

Okay so I'm not complaining, usually I see a few off the NW coast of Spain, and I certainly get a few in the NW approaches and W of Gibralter....

Maybe I have just been lucky - or they wre busy with Torch..

Sometimes the weather has been so bad even the ducks were walking... Very Happy

Not that I want to find out the hard way either...!

Anyone else noticed this?

Vermin

Perhaps you were cruising with 512 time compession?
CWorth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ref wrote:
Vermin wrote:

That's the more plausible explanation to your problem, SH3 is very demanding on the sound, if you're using the mobo sound card, it uses cpu cicles to play the sounds, the best advise to you, (not only for SH3) is to buy a sound card,not really a big investment.
I've recently bought an Audigy card, and my fps improved by 20%. Just be sure the sound card you buy has incorporated a sound procesor.

Ref

I can also recommend the Audigy cards...

I have an Audigy 2ZS card and the sound that comes out of it is simply amazing.And if you have any other games that support EAX 3 or EAX 4 you will not be sorry you bought one.They are a bit costly but well worth the price for the quality of sound you get.
Wulfmann

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pu;; down the map from the top left hand corner of the map board to see where the harbor minefields are. It is white and barely sticking out of the top left edge.

The Sound Audigy Z2 Platinum is on sale at Buy.com for $175.00 shipped with a $100.00 rebate so is only $75.00. Mine is the Z2 and is great for SH3 (The SA 2 made some funny noises so I upgraded to the Z)

Wulfmann
Georg_Unterberg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wulfmann wrote:

The Sound Audigy Z2 Platinum is on sale at Buy.com for $175.00 shipped with a $100.00 rebate so is only $75.00. Mine is the Z2 and is great for SH3 (The SA 2 made some funny noises so I upgraded to the Z)

Wulfmann

Interesting, I have an SA2 (standard Audigy 2) and screeching sometimes. I might suggest your tipp.

... and check your PM!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: