Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Sabotage/Malfunctions Mod Update May 01
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HEMISENT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salvadoreno wrote:
this is gonna be released with the next SH3 Commander correct? SO we dont have to manually put in each folder? Cant waiit!!! Spring Break is coming up and after mexico, its 1939 Germany! Smile

No decision made yet on SH3 Commander but hopefully in a future release. Once any bugs are ironed out I'll be adding the next phase which is random malfunctions/breakdowns/wear & tear. I kind of think that Jscones will be looking at the whole package to avoid duplication of efforts. Haven't really gotten that far yet

The Thermal Layers mod should be releasing in the newest Commander-I'm testing for Jscones now and so far it works like a dream. That's why I did not include TL component in Sabotage release.

No reason to install folder by folder-this includes the entire Random structure for easy insertion-just copy/paste into Commander.
JScones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salvadoreno wrote:
this is gonna be released with the next SH3 Commander correct? SO we dont have to manually put in each folder? Cant waiit!!! Spring Break is coming up and after mexico, its 1939 Germany! Smile

In its current format its release is totally SH3Cmdr independant. That is, Hemisent can zip it up preserving the Random folder structure and anyone could then d/l it and extract it straight into SH3Cmdr, exactly the same as they do with the Combined Ship Skins add-on.
jcwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heminset, you've done it again... Thumbs Up

One question does it come along with the thermal Layers on JSCOnes SH3 Commander new release??? Rock
HEMISENT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcwolf wrote:
Heminset, you've done it again... Thumbs Up

One question does it come along with the thermal Layers on JSCOnes SH3 Commander new release??? Rock

Due to Thermal Layers being included in Jscones' upcoming SH3 Commander 2.5 release I did not include the thermal layers files in Sabotage.
If you are already using TL and want to retain them until Commander 2.5 release just copy/paste the five 1939 TL loaded folders into folders 0-4, 13-17,26-30 and 40-44. This will give you the same basic percentages.

When Commander comes out simply delete the TL data folder.

I tested this out before we were sure of the Commander inclusion and it works just fine.
jcwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks H. Thumbs Up
HEMISENT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for feedback from users. Would like to solve any problems before
moving on to next step.
AlanSmithee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to start a late-war campaign just to try this out. Otherwise, looks like I'll just have to wait until the random malfunction version is complete...
Nedlam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEMISENT wrote:
Looking for feedback from users. Would like to solve any problems before
moving on to next step.

I'm going to try it out soon. Just so I know I'm doing it right. I can basically take the Random folder I DL and let it overwrite what is in Sub commander, right?

Looking forward to this.
HEMISENT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedlam wrote:

I'm going to try it out soon. Just so I know I'm doing it right. I can basically take the Random folder I DL and let it overwrite what is in Sub commander, right?

Looking forward to this.

yes, backup your existing Random folder, copy/paste directly into SH3 Commander-it will over ride your existing Random folder and you're all set.
Das Boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering if this mod is still being worked on i thought that it was included in the new sh3 commander but i could be mistaken any way i have installed it and my first patrol i think it was sometime in sept of 44 i had a reduced flank speed of 16-17 knots that flucated. i really enjoyed this because it greatly gives more realism to the game> I was in the us army for 4 years my mos was 11-mike and i assure you that almost every time we went out on a field problem those damn bradleys broke one way or another! is there a update in the near future?????
JScones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hemisent, is this still happening? This mod is one of the few incentives left for me to get another SH3Cmdr release built! Wink
JScones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I am thinking this could be added to SH3Cmdr. I am focussing on the general "Equipment Malfunction" aspect as opposed to damage caused by Sabotage.

Quote:
[SETUP]
NbSystems=9 <-refers to the list of systems that can be damaged
MaxSystemsAffected=1 <-Max number of systems damaged at any one time. Actual number of systems affected will be between 0 and this number.
0=DieselMaxSpeed <-the system.points to section name following this block
1=ElecMaxSpeed
2=DieselRange
3=ElecRange
4=DiveTime
5=Schnorkel
6=AttackPeriscope
7=Rudder
8=CrashDive

[DieselMaxSpeed]
Probability=<1939>|<1940>|<1941>|<1942>|<1943>|<1944>|<1945> <- As % of 100, ie "20|15|15|15|15|20|25"
IIA=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>*
IID=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>
IXB=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>
IXC=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>
IXC/40=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>
IXD2=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>
VIIB=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>
VIIC=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>
VIIC/41=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>
VIIC/42=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>
XXI=<FileName>|<Offset> OR <Section>^<Key>|<% of default value>

[ElecMaxSpeed]

* % of default value can be less than or greater than 1, ie 0.9 for 90% (decrease) or 1.1 for 110% (increase). Whatever value is already in the game will be used as the base value (for consistency).

Hemisent, how does this sound? Can you see any holes with this logic when comparing with how you've done it?
HEMISENT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jscones.
Sabotage mod up and running works better than advertized unfortunately I've rcvd absolutely zero feedback from users so you'll have to take my word for it. I'm currently working on malfunctions component as we discussed earlier.

Please explain how dates work in your setup? I'm not quite understanding this as sabotage works after a given date then escalates rapidly whereas malfunctions/wear and tear start out from the beginning and escalate gradually.
JScones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEMISENT wrote:
Sabotage mod up and running works better than advertized unfortunately I've rcvd absolutely zero feedback from users so you'll have to take my word for it.

Your word is good enough for me! Thumbs Up

HEMISENT wrote:
Please explain how dates work in your setup? I'm not quite understanding this as sabotage works after a given date then escalates rapidly whereas malfunctions/wear and tear start out from the beginning and escalate gradually.

Well, I see there being two separate components to the damage mod. An equipment malfunction component and a sabotage component which is layered over the top.

The equipment malfunction component runs the course of the war and reflects equipment condition - either usual wear and tear or poor maintenance. My example above bases this per year, but I can't see why it couldn't go to the level of month and year (ie "193909_20|194001_15|194006_12|" etc etc).

To incorporate the sabotage layer, considering it's still the same components being damaged, just raise the probability figures from 194406 on. For example, looking at the DieselMaxSpeed, you could have:

Probability=193909_20|194001_15|194406_30

This simplistic example provides a 20% possibility of diesel engine damage between the beginning of the war and the end of 1939. From Jan 40 through May 44 there's a 15% possiblity of damage and from Jun 44 the probability is 30%.

We could go down to the day level, but I don't think that is necessary...do you?

Anyway, I hope this explanation is clear. Let me know if not.
HEMISENT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jscones
I get it now. Can I build a structure similiar to Gouldjg's for testing or do I need to build an entire Random folder structure? I will be using a combination of binary and text files eg; NSS_Uboat7c CFG file & Sim file.
There will be about 12-13 individual "Malfunctions" per boat same as sabotage.

Check the first page for an update report.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: