Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

IuB 1.03 beta, PATCH 1.1 available! (20-03-06)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbf574

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonz, thank you for the quick response to my query Wink . So now my next question is, do I unzip the patch into the IUB 1.03 folder within the Mods folder or do I unzip into the Mods folder then activate? :hmm:
JonZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbf574 wrote:
Jonz, thank you for the quick response to my query Wink . So now my next question is, do I unzip the patch into the IUB 1.03 folder within the Mods folder or do I unzip into the Mods folder then activate? :hmm:

Unzip on the IuB within the MODS folder. Don't forget to erase the other IuB options. The patch have restored some features that need some of these options to be erased. Then reinstall with JSGME.

Don't forget to Rollback SH3 Commander too before each installs/

JonZ
Montbrun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep coming back to IuB 1.03. This is the most stable, playable MOD, with most of the items that I really like included...
Flybywire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: JonZ--Patch? Reply with quote

Sir,

I installed your 1.03 full version via the mods program and it works fine. Now I have downloaded the patch and also installed the patch 1.1 via the mods folder also. After I unzipped with 7 zip I got a 1.03 version 1.1 patch folder and placed it into the MODS folder and installed with JSMGE. I didn't place the files inside the 1.1 patch folder into the 1.03 but instead used JSMGE alongside the 1.03. Is that OK?
JonZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: JonZ--Patch? Reply with quote

Flybywire wrote:
Sir,

I installed your 1.03 full version via the mods program and it works fine. Now I have downloaded the patch and also installed the patch 1.1 via the mods folder also. After I unzipped with 7 zip I got a 1.03 version 1.1 patch folder and placed it into the MODS folder and installed with JSMGE. I didn't place the files inside the 1.1 patch folder into the 1.03 but instead used JSMGE alongside the 1.03. Is that OK?

Yeah it should works too. Just make sure that the folder structures are correct. If you don't get Overwrites warning in JSGME it likely that your folder structures are incorrect.

The correct structure should be something like this

../MODS/IuBPatch_v1.1 (or the name you want)/data/..

Hope it helps.
dbf574

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonZ (or anyone that may have the answer)
I finally got to play with this new version of IUB and so far, everything looks great Rock Rock Rock . Now my predicament is as follows:
when I loaded the new version along with the patch into the Jones enabler, it was listed in the available column as 'Inproved Uboat 1.03' and that was it. I enabled, then while playing noticed that my contacts had no tail. This brings me to the 'meat' of the question, was there also suppose to be a listing of availble options on the Jones enabler 'available' column for enabling? For if there was, it didn't on mine. Which brings me to the next question, what is (if any) the default settings (in terms of the options) for this patched install (ie: no tails, 8k, etc.)? I'm trying to figure out if I have to 'warp' back to port so as to de-activate then delete what options I don't want or if there is an easier path :doh: Please advise (I know that you've been busy and all), but I appreciate any assist Thumbs Up

Thank you Cool Great job Rock Rock Rock

PS: What is the purpose of the 2 sheets (1 in german, 1 in english) of pull-downs that have speed and time listed :doh: ?
JonZ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tails options don't needs you to go back in port to make the changes since it just .tga masking.

However, 8km and 16km visions need a return to port AND a rollback of SH3 commander to be sure.
dbf574

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonZ
Thank you for the quick response but I was wondering, as mentioned, whether there was a default that the game will take if all the options were inadvertently enabled and whether or not there should have been a listing of options in the 'available' column of the Jones enabler.

Thank you Thumbs Up
PS: I do not use the Commander or any other mods other than Inproved Uboat.

Last edited by dbf574 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
JonZ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your MODS folder installation again. It sounds that the files included in IuB mod folder didn't copied into the your current MODS folder, thus why JSGME don't list them all.
dbf574

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it turned out, I uninstalled the Improved Uboat Mod & the Patch, then deleted them. I then reinstalled first the Improved Uboat into the SH III Mods folder then the Patch into the Mods folder also. After enabling the Improved Uboat then the Patch I closed the Jones Mod Enabler. When I called up the enabler again then were the optional mods listed on the availables listing. I enabled the ones I wanted to, but have not had the chance to play... had to get ready to go to work Damn . Will let you know how it went. Thanks again JonZ Thumbs Up

Last edited by dbf574 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
donut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torp.tube doors,open, and close. But I get no written message to verify same.Q to open selected tube,or W to close,no message for any tube selected.Surely this is not part of the mod? Y key cycles tubes correctly,Q & W keys are maped correctly in SetKeys.Just no Verification messages. Please address this issue. :hmm:
Thanks, donut :hmm:
vois2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to apply one very specific file modification from the IuB 1.03 . It is the IuB NavMap Contact no tails no dash option. I suspect this is simply one (or maybe two) .tga files to accomplish this. Is there a way I can obtain just those small files from the IuB ? Thanks!!!!
alexoscar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IUB 1.03 is a great MOD, congratulations.

However, I have a little problem, I cant see any cloud nor fog. Does anyone know why?

Im using the IUB 1.03 alone (without anyone other mod, nor SH3 Commander either).

Thanks in advance.
alexoscar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexoscar wrote:

However, I have a little problem, I cant see any cloud nor fog. Does anyone know why?

Im using the IUB 1.03 alone (without anyone other mod, nor SH3 Commander either).

Thanks in advance.

Solved. It was necessary the 16km patch. Smug
dbf574

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexoscar wrote:
alexoscar wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Solved. It was necessary the 16km patch. Smug

Where were you able to get it from? I'm getting ready to do a manual 'cut and paste' as suggested by JonZ because, it seems, the download site he directed to only provides a download to it's 'paying' members' Damn ! Please advise!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: