Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

NYGM Tonnage War (official thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigDuke66 wrote:
@Observer
Are you the "chief" of NYGM?
If so would you be interested in some small things I made?

-Completely reworked roster files(all data from www.uboat.net)

-New Fanfara_01.wav for leaving the harbour featuring both tracks that were played in the movie "Das Boot"(Nice clear version sounds like a band is playing it and NOT like a gramophone playback)

-small modifications on the basic.cfg to fit with my roster files(so player can be sure to get a new boat typ with a historical correct number)

-New flottillas.cfg & de_menu.txt for correct positions & naming of the sub bases on the starting screen for the campaign

-small modifications on the Flotilla.cfg to fit some historical flaws

Not the "Chief" per se, more like Co-Developer, or Partial Developer (several people have worked on distinctly different areas). We are always interested in additional content, or improvements to existing content, especially for areas we have only lightly touched (as is the case here). We will be happy to look at and evaluate your content. This means we may or may not include all of it in the NYGM Tonnage War. I don't mean that to sound arrogant or negative, we just have to keep the bigger picture of NYGM Tonnage War in mind when trying to fit it all together. If this sounds acceptable, please send me a PM, and thank you for the offer.
Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigDuke66 wrote:
Hi guys.
What about integrating FLBSaleU-999 TDC Mod?
Take a look at it here.
http://forums-de.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/2371008762/m/2841045803/p/25

Finally no more switching between UZO/Peri & TDC.

Here a link for a download.
http://rapidshare.de/files/13098065/TDC_Mod.zip.html

Interesting suggestion. I'm considering this one. No promises though.
Salvadoreno

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Observer wrote:
Salvadoreno wrote:
Salvadoreno wrote:
Okay im getting really screwed here! I downloaded the NYGM mod and love it, but GW came out. I tried to use the Unified Campaign but everything i try never works and i crash to desktop. Here is my JSGME layout

NYGM tonnage War
UC_NYGM...

All i want is habor traffic and the charts and convoy grids on the navigators map. Plus some of the GW sounds and the "Operation Drumbeat" campaign. Do i have to get the extended unified campaign for that? And if so.. the layout for JSGME is??

CLean install 1.4b
Grey Woles
Tonnage War
Extened Unified Campaign
16km Light version
Sink Them All V2.2
Pascal Smoke
Konrad Krums VIIC
Fubar Skins
FUbar, IXC, IIA, IIB
Mahrks OCean madness,

can somebody help me out and help me successfully integrate nygm and gw. I definately want the habour traffic and other features GW ahs to offer with a NYGM way to play

Having looked through both GW and knowing the content in NYGM TW, I can tell you it is not a simple task to integrate the two and strongly depends on the desired results. I have been working on an "approved" add in for the next version of NYGM Tonnage War for several weeks. The only thing that makes it easier is my intimate knowledge of the NYGM content.

Sooooo.....I can offer you two suggestions, though neither will likely be the solution you are looking for. First, we are working on an add-in which addresses this problem. Second, I can see you have several mods which are redundant. They include:

Fubar Skins - Included in GW (or at least very, very similar)
FUbar, IXC, IIA, IIB - Included in GW (or at least very, very similar)
Mahrks OCean madness - Redundant with the 16 km visibility mode and included in NYGM TW. The only possible difference is you are using the light version and we had the dark version.

Sorry it took so long to answer this question.

Thanks Observer, imma just stick to the NYGM TW alone until your new integration mod comes out. Ill make sure ill get rid of all the unnecessary mods i have.
Fab

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got it installed and working (thanks for helping me with the file extension by the way). But now I have a question. The documentation says on page 9 that if you have those 10 things turned on in the difficulty that you'll be credited for 100% of the tonnage.

I just returned from my first patrol with 13,893 tons, but only was credited for 9,959.94 tons. I don't know why since the only things I have turned off are "God mode" for the maps, automatic targeting, and external views (I just enjoy looking at enemy ships sink from close up).

So why wasn't I credited with 100% of my tonnage sunk? Have I missed something?
Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fab wrote:
Well, I got it installed and working (thanks for helping me with the file extension by the way). But now I have a question. The documentation says on page 9 that if you have those 10 things turned on in the difficulty that you'll be credited for 100% of the tonnage.

I just returned from my first patrol with 13,893 tons, but only was credited for 9,959.94 tons. I don't know why since the only things I have turned off are "God mode" for the maps, automatic targeting, and external views (I just enjoy looking at enemy ships sink from close up).

So why wasn't I credited with 100% of my tonnage sunk? Have I missed something?

1. What is your "Realism" percentage (check this in game)?
2. Did you use SH3 Commander?
Fab

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My realism percentage is 65%.

And no, I do not use SH3 Commander.

I thought if I had everything checked as listed in the NYGM Readme that I would get 100% of my tonnage sunk. I do have it all checked, but I only got 71.7% for some reason.
Observer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is with a file in the SilentHunterIII/data/cfg folder. I would suggest manually copying the file GameplaySettings.cfg from the package you downloaded to this folder. This problem do indicate that you may not have correctly installed the mod. I would first check the mod package to make sure the GameplaySettings.cfg file exists in the file you downloaded and extracted just to ensure you don't have a corrupted download. If it does then reinstall the mod, and check this file. It should have the following lines:

Quote:
[RealismPercentage]
LimitedBatteriesRealismPercentage=11 ;yes
LimitedCompressedAirRealismPercentage=11 ;yes
LimitedO2RealismPercentage=11 ;yes
LimitedFuelRealismPercentage=11 ;yes
RealisticVulnerabilityRealismPercentage=12 ;yes
RealisticRepairTimeRealismPercentage=11 ;yes
RealisticShipSinkingTimeRealismPercentage=0
ManualTargetingSystemRealismPercentage=0
NoMapUpdateRealismPercentage=0
RealisticSensorsRealismPercentage=11 ;yes
DudTorpedoesRealismPercentage=11 ;yes
RealisticReloadRealismPercentage=11 ;yes
NoEventCameraRealismPercentage=0
NoExternalViewRealismPercentage=0
NoStabilizeViewRealismPercentage=0
NoNoiseMeterRealismPercentage=0
NoWeaponOfficerAssistRealismPercentage=0
Fab

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did it. Thanks, Observer. I don't know why my file had different settings, but it's working perfectly now. I appreciate it.
BigDuke66

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Observer
Will the new merged GW NYGM Mod also contain an adapted 16KM Mod?
Already thought about trying the optional mod that came with GW but many files of this mod are also changed with NYGM so dropped that idea again.
Observer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigDuke66 wrote:
@Observer
Will the new merged GW NYGM Mod also contain an adapted 16KM Mod?
Already thought about trying the optional mod that came with GW but many files of this mod are also changed with NYGM so dropped that idea again.

We have a 16 km version as stock. Are you talking about an alternate light version?
BigDuke66

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16km already in NYGM???
Strange, didn't read anthing in the manual about it.
BigDuke66

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I misunderstood the 16km Mod but shouldn't I have the ability to see things up to 16km away?

Just tried it when leaving St. Nazair and that last thing I saw was the light from the light house around 8-9 km away.
Seems a bit short for 16km or should it be 16km in diameter?
Keelbuster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: how come the tonnage for a small merchant is 3500, while it is 8200 for a Large Tanker? A large tanker is like 10 times larger than a small merchant.

Kb
Observer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigDuke66 wrote:
Maybe I misunderstood the 16km Mod but shouldn't I have the ability to see things up to 16km away?

Just tried it when leaving St. Nazair and that last thing I saw was the light from the light house around 8-9 km away.
Seems a bit short for 16km or should it be 16km in diameter?

The horizon is moved out to 16 km by default in NYGM TW. If you are not seeing this behavior I would suggest making sure the mod is installed correctly. The scene.dat file has the new settings for 16 km visibility.
BigDuke66

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo, that was it.
Guess that was a problem with the EUC I installed after GW & NYGM.

BTW how is the merging of GW and NYGM going?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36

Jump to: