Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Red Storm RIsing campaign design - some thoughts...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Red Storm RIsing campaign design - some thoughts... Reply with quote

I've been playing red storm - great campaign btw, but I'm REALLY stuck on the 5th mission (where the shooting starts).

I find that in other games if I have to replay a mission more than a few times, it ruins my sense of immersion in the "story" and I just give up (mostly with scripted FPS)

If you make a campaign you must WANT people to finish it so I'm wondering what it would be like to design campaign missions with fairly easy primary goals, (that let you move on to the next battle), but very challenging secondary ones (for you gung ho types!)

I really don't want to turn truth on if I can avoid it, just to complete the mission.

Anyhow, is there some way to edit this particular campaign so the goals are easier, OR, just unlock the other missions?

Trout
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Storm Rising is set up so that you can always advance to the next mission as long as you don't die. All you need to do is run away and abort if you can't take the heat. Smug

The missions are also available as single missions, IIRC.
Trout

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Molon - I did not know that!

I'm very adept at running away in other games, so once I get the hang of this one it should be the same.

I just HATE scripted games that don't let you move to the next level. Real life ain't like that. Unless you are dead you always move on!
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molon Labe wrote:
Red Storm Rising is set up so that you can always advance to the next mission as long as you don't die. All you need to do is run away and abort if you can't take the heat. Smug

Many of the missions are that way, but not all... Cool
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Nichols wrote:
Molon Labe wrote:

My bad. Which ones?
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molon Labe wrote:
Bill Nichols wrote:
Molon Labe wrote:

My bad. Which ones?

The ones with "critical" objectives Joking
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: