Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Subsim can help streamlining the download process!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redsolo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Subsim can help streamlining the download process! Reply with quote

Im currently playing SH3 and there are thousands of downloadable mods for it. But all the mods have the same problem of distributing the files, some use rapidshare and filefront. Rapidshare is a tremendously bad service with the worst wui Ive seen, and it doesnt help that you have to go through 5 pages to get the download.

Thats why I thought subsim could help up by providing a torrent tracker. Torrents as you know are p2p-distributed and wont put much more strain on subsim than the current download pages do. It may even decrease the stress. Torrents are also a good way to stay clear of other not-so-good download services as I guess at least 5-10% of the gamers do have computers where they are running torrent clients.

Currently there are torrent-clients for all plattforms. What do you think, could subsim help out in this case of providing a torrent tracker?

(Some torrent trackers even provide RSS, so the user can always stay current) And I think the Opera web browser will include a torrent client by default.
sonar732

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search on peer to peer in this forum and I'm sure that you'll find your answer. Yep
Gizzmoe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A torrent tracker alone doesnt´t help, what would also be needed is a permanent seeder. Without it the files would be gone sooner or later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: