Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Italian built
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter II, Destroyer Command & Classic Subsims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JapLance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a snapshot of the Southamptons in my HD: Sergbuto's version, Belfast-like version and my previous Southampton:

Lovely ships and model indeed Thumbs Up .

When I have some spare time I'll pack the new ones into an ace file (been a bit busy lately).
Bruno Lotse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely! Let me guess. These are HMS Southampton, Shefield, and Manchester
willi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!
Difficulty to choose...

Yep
GlowwormGuy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Problems and potentials Reply with quote

Thanks for the sites Willi and JapLance. Now all I need is a listing of the ships in the harbor and we're good to go. So far all we have to go on are the Norse tanker Sagona, the British Queen Elizabeth and Valiant of course, the cruiser Euryalus and the DD Jervis (K class, please, please, please, please!) as well as the decommed French BB Lorraine. I can fix up a harbor setup with the map you provided (though a larger map of Alex at the time would help too).

Problem though - I'm running SH2 with Project Messerwetzer now and again I cannot get the SLC to run in SH2. It appears fine in DC but there seems to be something wrong with it in SH2. Could it be a matter of textures or something in the model? It's not the UDF file definitely. Are there other textures I need to install?

As for the Mountbatten yards, I'm still working on several versions of the 1923 torpedo boat before moving on to other stuff.

Nice work on the Southamptons. I don't see why we can't have all of them Wink

By the way, Bruno, would you have any info as to general schemes for RN warships by time period and theater? Like the Western Approaches would be different from the Med which would be different from Scapa Flow.

Cheers,
Mountbatten
Bruno Lotse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mountbatten
Have you tried this book?

http://rapidshare.de/files/16636478/Painters.Guide.to.WW2.Naval.camo.zip.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/16639552/Painters.Guide.to.WW2.Naval.camo.z02.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/16641992/Painters.Guide.to.WW2.Naval.camo.z03.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/16644600/Painters.Guide.to.WW2.Naval.camo.z01.html

Good place to start. There are a short article on RN camo schema used in various periods of WW2 in in various theaters.
Well. there is also schema called
Mountbatten pink Rotfl
No kidding...
Bruno Lotse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems and potentials Reply with quote

GlowwormGuy wrote:

Problem though - I'm running SH2 with Project Messerwetzer now and again I cannot get the SLC to run in SH2.

Mod Alfa Tau has Italian midgit subs. I guess it would be fun to visit Alexandria aboard of one of those small but deadly beauties. Plus when you riding majale the only outcome is surrender, when you are in a midgit sub you can escape having your nasty work done:hmm:

GlowwormGuy wrote:

Nice work on the Southamptons. I don't see why we can't have all of them Wink

I do agree. Southampton, Shefield, Manchester. All of them were there. Southampton and Manchester are still there...

Nice picture of HMS Glasgow (yet another Town class)
http://uboat.net/allies/warships/ship/1229.html
GlowwormGuy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we can - I need to get the SLC to work first! The file I'm using is the one posted here last week.

Mountbatten
JapLance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't find problems to run the SLC, apart from being painfully slooooow Very Happy .
JapLance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link for the Southampton repaint:

Southampton repaint
GlowwormGuy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: noneappearance of SLC Reply with quote

It's very very strange as the SLC appears fine in Destroyer Command. Are there any additional files besides the ones posted that will be needed to run it? I really don't know what's up - as I said, I'm running it on SH2 with Project Messerwetzer (but not Alfa Tau or Pacific Aces or anything like that installed.)

Mountbatten
JapLance

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: noneappearance of SLC Reply with quote

GlowwormGuy wrote:
It's very very strange as the SLC appears fine in Destroyer Command. Are there any additional files besides the ones posted that will be needed to run it? I really don't know what's up - as I said, I'm running it on SH2 with Project Messerwetzer (but not Alfa Tau or Pacific Aces or anything like that installed.)

Mountbatten

I use it in SH2, but only the model+associated UDF, not the rest of TGA's for gauges and damage room. Can't help you anymore, as my SH2 is a mess of added mods.

What I usually do to install anything is to extract it to a temporary folder, and manually move the files to the required folders. I added Alfa Tau ships this way, and now the Maiale, without problems.
GlowwormGuy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright will try it again though I do fear there may be a problem somewhere with my install and the model. Will try and post the error message hopefully it sheds some light on it.

Many thanks,
Mountbatten
GlowwormGuy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: deviant behavior Reply with quote

Okay here's the weird thing - the SLC works 'in game' and in the viewer but when I try and look at it in the preview window in SH2 that's what crashes the game. Otherwise working fine! The thing is, the UDF of the SLC (with appropriate modification) apparently has, surprisingly, also solved the problem of the Japanese midget sub. While I'm not complaining I'm really weirded out about the relationship of model and udf to the in game behavior of the ships. Right now I've got a nice little midget fleet - the British X Craft (using the German mini-sub model), the Italian SLC and CB (CB does not seem to want to run in game either, it gives me a Unit Error message), Japanese Midget Sub and of course the German vessels. Strange thing is when I used the X-Craft UDF (with appropriate modification) with the IJN Midget it would very easily roll over - even underwater - and when it oscillated too far the game would crash. Now - same model but with SLC UDF - the problem seems to have vanished! Strange, strange, strange (but then I'm not complaining - it works!)

Thanks very much to Willi, Canarb and the amazing Italian shipyards!

Mountbatten
willi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my computer the small sub "CB" works correctly, also in the preview window (SH2 game).
Nevertheless it is not possible to get a satisfactory enlargement of the image in the menĂ¹ F12.

The appearance of the model in the preview window can depend on the presence or less of the same model in the database "UnitsIt.db."

I have found an interesting image - map of the harbor of Alexandria.
I will send it as soon as possible.
I believe that there is a problem to carry out the model of harbor of Alexandria that it resembles to the original one.

Last edited by willi on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
GlowwormGuy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map actually has the physical parts of the coastline of 'Alex' modelled pretty well - that half-moon curve is there all that is needed is a long breakwater. I'll see what I can do about that. Perhaps another thing that you chaps could look into would be some 'facilities' and stuff to give 'atmosphere' to the map. You have my 'bases' mod right? I've been able to cobble together accurate layouts for Dunkirk, Malta and if I can find a map of Alex I can do that too. Of course it just uses the stock stuff. By the way would you have available a set of those Italian ports - just the ports - so I can incorporate your superb (may I say superior?) designs in the bases set? If bases can't be DL'd I'll repost for everyone's benefit.

Best wishes,
Mountbatten
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter II, Destroyer Command & Classic Subsims All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: