Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Viewing harbours / ports in the mission editor

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Viewing harbours / ports in the mission editor Reply with quote

Searched the forum, couldn't see anyone who'd asked this before and got a reply:
In the mission editor, how do you get it to show the shape of the ports instead of just the green/white icon? It's all well and good the sticky post telling you how to align ships to the port but that assumes you can see it in the mission editor, and I can't even on full zoom. All I see (after loading a land layer from the campaigns) is the icons showing where the port should be.
Help would be appreciated.
booger2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble with this at first, too. I higly suspect your using the out of the box version of the mission editor. Patch 1.4b (or the one before?) included a new version of the mission editor that I believe reads the locations.cfg file and shows the actual shape of the ports. Are you using a shortcut for the mission editor? If so, delete it and create a shortcut for the mission editior icon now in you SHIII directory.
chrisell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. Yeah - I'm using the link in my start menu. It never occurred to me they'd changed that in the latest patch. I'll give that a try.
chrisell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm
Found the problem. The shortcut didn't have a path in the "starts in" section so it couldn't find the .cfg file. I added a path and now it works Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: