Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

What do you want??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter IV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is most important to you as a player for the next UBI release?
Add a new theather of operations (Pacific) as an addon to SHIII?
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Adding obvious things to SHIII that were left out for whatever reason (Wolfpacks, milkcows, all compartments, more ship types)?
41%
 41%  [ 79 ]
Correcting known bugs to SHIII?
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Adding not so obvious things to SHIII (improved crew management, more indepth Navigaiton, more realism stuff)?
5%
 5%  [ 11 ]
Add a new theather of operations (Pacific) as a whole new game(maybe use SHIII as a base and expand..but just for the pacific)?
19%
 19%  [ 37 ]
It doesnt matter...the more sub sims/games the better for the communtiy
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Destroyer Command 2?
18%
 18%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 191

flyingdane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look Im an american" so I like the pacific war just as much as the the atlantic, Fact is its over due, we have had two games about the atlantic war sence (silent hunter) "COMON" its time. :zzz:
finchOU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the best thing about our country....America....is democracy...right?? Very Happy....not saying this is how everyone feels...just a voting portion of this website.
JU_88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What to I want? how about non-constipated Elcos that actually fire their torpeedos -PT boats not MG boats!- , more aircraft, Torpeedo bombers and some with rockets also (where is the Beaufighter?) And fully operational Ai submarines for all nationalites that had them - esp The UK (See my sig!!!) I hate being the only operational submarine in the whole world!! it kills the game for me. Sub AI would also allow for wolfpacks.

I know Subs didnt play a major ASW role, but 21 Uboats were sunk by allied submarines, for me thats enough to have them in the game. The med was crawling with limey subs from 1943 onwards.
http://www.uboat.net/fates/sub-sunk.htm

basically I want more varied attacks made against my Uboat.
[/url]
finchOU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JU_88 wrote:
I hate being the only operational submarine in the whole world!! it kills the game for me. Sub AI would also allow for wolfpacks.

Thumbs Up ....number one immersion killer :nope:
Abraham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Wath i want Reply with quote

seadevil wrote:
i still missing a good gun only sh1 has agood one ,the others are not good to turn and the distance is a crime.

Also why can we not use the emotors in a surface action.

The u boot have 2 engines in the sh1 we have a possidillety to use one for the uploading of the batterys and one for the ship moving.
it shoot be nice to use 2 telegrafs to quik turn one forward and one bakwords to the 2 screw boots.

Tat are me things i wood like to se in the sh4.
Pieter

holland

Welkom aan boord, Pieter!
Thumbs Up
Abraham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If multiple votes were possible I would have voted for all of these:

* Adding obvious things to SHIII that were left out for whatever reason (Wolfpacks, milkcows, all compartments, more ship types)?
* Correcting known bugs to SHIII?
* Adding not so obvious things to SHIII (improved crew management, more indepth Navigaiton, more realism stuff)?

While it is nice to have a world wide sub game, it is not a priority for me, since historically there was hardly any significant coherency between the Atlantic Theater of Operations and the Pacific T.o.O.

Personally I am a great fan of indepth navigation, especially introducing a margin of error to one's location after a prolonged dive or after being unable to calculate the position of the sun and stars. The problem is that the computer ALWAYS puts you in the correct position, which leads to very unrealistic unterception results...
LukeFF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abraham wrote:
Personally I am a great fan of indepth navigation, especially introducing a margin of error to one's location after a prolonged dive or after being unable to calculate the position of the sun and stars. The problem is that the computer ALWAYS puts you in the correct position, which leads to very unrealistic unterception results...

Same here as well. The "navigator" in SH3 is worthless, since the computer uses a GPS system to plot your position on the map. The margin of error should also be based on the nav's experience.
ironkross

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to buying SHIV as a pacific theatre game. I would like to see a dynamic campaign so that we could play missions based on the outcome of earlier battles. For instance what if the US had not sank 4 Japanese carriers at Midway, your next mission may be the defense of the Hawaiian Islands.
STEED

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironkross wrote:
I look forward to buying SHIV as a pacific theatre game. I would like to see a dynamic campaign so that we could play missions based on the outcome of earlier battles. For instance what if the US had not sank 4 Japanese carriers at Midway, your next mission may be the defense of the Hawaiian Islands.

Now that's a good idea Thumbs Up
Abraham

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: What do you want? Reply with quote

That would be a fantastic extra, but it's probably asked too much...

Last edited by Abraham on Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
rik007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think SH-3 is a much better starting point than starting a new sim from scratch. In the end that new sub has to deal with all problems SH-3 already took care of. It is the same as SH-3 over SH-2. Both stuck in the middle. Bug fixing and improving SH-3 by adding all the left-out goodies is the way to go. Of course we have to pay for this upgrade but why shouldn't we?

Of course it will be best for Ubi if they succeeds in giving the impression that it's a total new Sim, for example by focussing on the Pacific.
Trout

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Rick,

I cant imagine why they would start from scratch. The sim is already oustanding, it makes far more sense to improve upon it.

All the artwork should be new and enhanced (full 3d interior, more crew animations, better visual damage effects, more in-depth modeling of coastal areas, shoals ect., volumetric surface fog and rain squalls..)

But the biggest area of improvement would be in the dynamic campaign and how it generates specific special purpose missions.

I'm also hoping to see more clever uses of the 3d interior, and less reliance on a 2d interface to communicate redundant info (why show you your course speed and depth with a 2d icon when the interior itself has functioning 3d guages?) Why show you a bar graph for crew morale when you could just see it on their faces, their actions, or through audio clues?

All communications of immediate damage should be voiced by the chief and visible by walking through the compartments. THe only time you should be looking at the ship blueprints is for damage repair later on after the crisis has passed, not damage control.

I'd also like to see the wardroom used as the station where you review charts, maps, photographs, enemy intel, ship manuals ect. that is not currently needed by the navigator. Its the only place in a sub with large tables where people can gather around and discuss plans and tactics.

Trout
Dargo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any skills ,or even just a idea,on how to help us make the Destroyers playable in SH3 Sh3/Destroyer Command upgrade Forum. drop in at the WPL forum and tell us what you know.If you would like to help..let us know also over there also.
We have a new forum for the upgrade,
There is work in progress,but any and all help is needed.
Twini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- I insist they have these ships in category:
yorktown
enterprise
hornet
hiryu
akagi
kaga
soryu
(yes i want to see midway Rolling Eyes )
and yamato

- Far more advanced aerial battles

I know it's subsim, but like in SH3 i'm probably going to create scenarios of surface fleets fighting it off. My sub's role is to dive&rest and i'll get to watch the action with external cam Joking and maybe balance things a bit with torpedoes.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter IV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: