Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

What do you want??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter IV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is most important to you as a player for the next UBI release?
Add a new theather of operations (Pacific) as an addon to SHIII?
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Adding obvious things to SHIII that were left out for whatever reason (Wolfpacks, milkcows, all compartments, more ship types)?
41%
 41%  [ 79 ]
Correcting known bugs to SHIII?
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Adding not so obvious things to SHIII (improved crew management, more indepth Navigaiton, more realism stuff)?
5%
 5%  [ 11 ]
Add a new theather of operations (Pacific) as a whole new game(maybe use SHIII as a base and expand..but just for the pacific)?
19%
 19%  [ 37 ]
It doesnt matter...the more sub sims/games the better for the communtiy
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Destroyer Command 2?
18%
 18%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 191

scrapser

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you're saying. Not that I really believe this poll will determine what we see in SH4 but even so, I'm sure some of the developers will happen upon it at some point. For that reason, I think the message we should be sending is one that supports developing SH4 (since that's their intention) while asking if it can be done, to include fixes to SH3. Many of the problem areas are not German U-boat specific and it would be nice to have both theaters available in one sim for a change. Nobody's done that before either.

scrapser
1mPHUNit0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC2 ofcourse !!!!
A MUST with no stupid smerg.
Razz Razz Thumbs Up Wink
Dargo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destroyer Command II! what else?
raymond6751

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: What we need Reply with quote

I want to write in my own log book.
I want possible equipment/engine troubles a la SH1 and 2
I want the varied missions i.e. photo, transport, lifeguard, and
resupply.
I want more realistic responses when I radio my report!
I want to visit the crew / officer quarters and engine room even
if they aren't interactive.
I want the return to port time calculated if we choose not to sail to port.
I want AI subs doing missions too with an updated scorelist when I get into port.
I want a girl when I get to port!!!
Nightowl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Fix SH3 Reply with quote

Polak wrote:
Looks like most of us want an improved version of SHIII. Not a new game with a new theatre...
You bet, What good would a new SH4 be, if it will not be 'finished', things left out, flaws not corrected? It would not interest me. I love SH3, but I want a SH3 that has in it what was more or less implied , and with new downloads to correct all the flaws. I would be glad to pay for an add-on that makes the game all that it could be, rather than go through all the frustration of an incomplete new game. I could never trust UBI to carry thru with a complete game, not after what the outcome of SH3 turned out to be, unless they give us what we should have had in the 1st place, and I don't mind paying for it, but I do want it. Just my thoughts on the matter, and I think I have lots of agreement from others in this regard. -Nightowl
todd293

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if sh3 isnt realistic enough for everybody on sh4 they should send along with your game some molded bread along with meat that needs a shave and a m80 to put in your computer monitor so when a depth charge gets to close it will blow up Joking Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
Kalach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC2 sounds fun.
Though I don't want only subs, or only surface ships, I want to be able to play as either. Kind of like DW done SH3 style Very Happy
I guess being able to fly the planes is too much to ask for though...

Most importantly I need it to be a complete (and very moddable) game. With plenty of realism options to choose from.

Also being able to run aroud your entire boat FPS style would be great Thumbs Up
Shigawire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, moddability is numero uno. There is a law of nature which dictates that the ability to add user-content is what helps sustain the life of a product. SH is not exempt from this natural law. Stare

An SDK would be fine. :hmm:
Safe-Keeper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the above.
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, that's really what I thought when I saw that.
Sea Demon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Silent Hunter IV with a whole new Pacific theatre and playable American and Japanese units.

2. Destroyer Command 2 Rock Rock
JSF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If SH4 is on the same lines as 3 (except being in the Pacific mind you) then the sim will be even more enjoyable. After all the allies did win and I feel playing a sim from the winner's perspective would be refreshing. Thumbs Up The last 2 sub sims have been about the nazis. :down: The more a read about how the Germans had the best planes and the best subs and so on and so on.....the more it reminds me of those folks in the South who are always engaged in reenacting the Civil War. Damn BTW...I live in the South....Been there done that.......
Safe-Keeper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first heard of SH3, my first thought was, "if this has everything SH3 has and more..."

Well, that's still my opinion. If they take all the features from SH3 (minus the glitches, bugs, and exploits Razz ) and add even more features, I'm in Heaven.
finchOU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe-Keeper wrote:
When I first heard of SH3, my first thought was, "if this has everything SH3 has and more..."

Well, that's still my opinion. If they take all the features from SH3 (minus the glitches, bugs, and exploits Razz ) and add even more features, I'm in Heaven.

yeah...but SH4 should not be a SH3 without all the glitches, bugs and exploits...SH3 should be SH3 without the above.....

SH4 should not even have to worry about bugs from SH3...cause they SHOULD have bee taken care off.....this leads to a better game because then more time is spent in the developement of new features....
development and testing time I feel is what hurt SH3.....when the Subsim community demanded a dynamic campaign for SH3 it put a lot of presure on the dev team to develope a whole new game in a short period of time (I think UBI tied their hands for the release date)...this lead to the obvious lack of testing and things that should have been in the game ...but were scrubed at some point in the development. I honestly believed that most things would have been solved after the release of the game and plenty of community testing/feedback.....it seems that though some of the problems were fixed, and the community getting all the problems out in the open.....we still cant seem to get it debugged...even after 4 patches.......the Company dropped the support ....there is no profit in free support...as there is no backbone in todays companies to make a finished product...whatever the cost.

btw...this my my personal feelings .....I'm sure there are plenty of people in "the know" that know more/better than me...but his is the impression Im left with for now.

I agree that SH4 ...if they just fixed the SH3 stuff and added a couple of new features would be a great success.......though there were so many "little" things left out of SH3 or annoying little things above the major things left out that it would seem to take a lot of time out of development to fix (or why would they have not fixed that stuff by know it it didnt take a lot of time?????)....so it begs the question again.....expansion pack/patch or whole new game???
Weird Guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is for a Battleship simulator, not a submarine. World War 1 sounds good to me. I've been reading up on that war and the battleships did their job.

But if it is to be a sub sim, then the Pacific theater is alright by me. The only thing to take notice of is a partial map board. Sort of like automatic plotting notes in pencil based on YOUR inputs using the sensor (range and bearing). Not AI autoupdate like a God's Eye View in real time. Just a couple of points noted on a clear map. Measure range using the Stadimeter, and bearing. MARK. The point is put on the map table.

And then tools built in the game to let you measure the plotting table marks to get speed.
finchOU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm glad to see people coming out to vote....

polls been out for almost two weeks now....I'd say its a good sample of how people feel.

I was hoping someone else would come up with a second poll with different options to see if there are any different results....

I didnt feel like the questions I posed were biased in anyway...and I tried to throw everything i could think of out there and put it on the table. Actually the one option I forgot to add until it was too late was "this poll is stupid/is biased/or is pointless" just to see that side of it. Anyone feel they have more/better options ....feel free to make a new poll or expand on mine.... Thumbs Up
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter IV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: